Should I be nervous? Cause I am. -Chapter 8-

“Honey, we’re home!” Mom called out as we entered the house.

“Where’s my baby girl? I want to see her!” I could hear dad jogging from the kitchen to the entrance. He stopped when he saw me, getting teary eyed. “Hey daddy.” He sniffed. And embraced me in a long loving hug.

“You’re all grown up.” I knew he was holding back tears.

“Thanks dad, but I’ll still be your little girl.” He kissed my forehead gently.

“I know pumpkin, I just never imagined you growing up so fast.” I laughed. “Just promise me you won’t go around acting like a preppy whore.” That made me laughs harder.

“I wouldn’t dream of being like that. I just want to be Alison May McMillan.” This made him smile.

“Good, now come on I bought you something and I’m sure Martha and Luke have a present for you.” I wrapped my arms around his waist as he led us to the Dining Room. Martha and Luke both gave me hugs and told me I looked beautiful, saying I would have boys crawling for me. Dad handed me a rectangular box. “You guys didn’t have to get me anything, it’s not like it’s my birth-Holy Cow daddy, its beautiful!” I exclaimed, opening the box to kind and gold bracelet with my name engraved into it. He helped me put it on and mom took a picture. “Here’s ours, your mom told us that your Grammy mentioned you had a new hobby.” Martha handed me a fairly heavy box. I unwrapped it and took it out, a new Fuji Film’s FinePix S2950 / S2990. I thanked them and gave them both hugs. “Well now I feel bad for not getting you anything.” Megan said sadly. I laughed. “Megan, being my best friend is the best gift you could give me. You’re practically my sister.” She and I both smiled. “Mark, where are the boys?” Mom asked. “Oh we sent them out to go buy some groceries, we’re having a cookout; how does that sound Ali?” We hadn’t had a cookout since I was 10. “That sounds perfect dad.” I smiled brightly.

I took the free time I had to call Grammy and Gramps, telling them about my makeover. Grammy said she wanted to see me soon and Gramps told me that he hoped I wasn’t afraid to get a little dirt under my nails; he and I spent a lot of time working on the farm, I spent more time with him than I did with Grammy. I told him I didn’t mind at all and that I couldn’t wait to see him again. That made him happy.

“Ali, the burgers are ready!” Martha called up the stairs.

“I’ll call you tomorrow Gramps, Kay?” He laughed.

“Okay honey, don’t forget.”

“I wont. Bye, love you!”

“Love you too Ali.” I smiled and hung up, running downstairs to the backyard. As soon as the guys saw my their jaws dropped and their food practically fell out of their hands.

“Here you go sweetie, with extra cheese just how you like them.” Dad handed me a plate with my Burger. “That’s dad.” He just went back to grilling more burgers. “Ali, get your butt over here!” Megan demanded cheerfully. I felt nervous, would things change now? I went and sat down next to Megan. Alex, surprisingly didn’t say anything, neither did Noah. Gabe was practically drooling and looked at me every two seconds. “Well Ali, you look gorgeous.” Jason complimented. “Thanks Jason.” I replied, taking a bite of my burger. Megan seemed busy scrolling on her phone with a huge smile plastered on her face.

“Okay, you are going to love me more than you already do!” She squealed.

“Why?” I asked.

“Well let’s just say, this best friend got tickets to go see Maroon 5. And I got us backstage passes!” My jaw nearly hit the floor.

“Megan Elizabeth Taylor, you are amazing! I can’t even describe how much I love you right now!” She laughed. “I’ll be making sure to get you the best gift for your birthday to repay you for all of this.” I assured her. She nodded and went back to typing something on her phone. Not long after my phone buzzed.