Me? Like Noah? Megan you've gone insane!-Chapter 9-

“I’m going to go get something to drink.” Noah said, getting up to go back inside. Megan gave me a look for me to follow him, I did.

He was standing in the kitchen, looking through our fridge; I hopped on the island counter behind him. I wolf whistled when he bent over, giving a good look at his butt. He turned around for a split second before looking back into the fridge. Maybe I should have forgiven him the first time. “Noah,” the way my voice said his name took me by surprise, it was so caring and soft and it just came out so naturally. “Look Ali, if you’re just going to come and aggravate me and tell me I’m a horrible person then you don’t need to-“ He turned around and I cut him off. “Noah, Megan told me.” he looked a bit baffled. “She told me about the whole lunch thing with the guys and how you threatened them, that was really sweet of you.” I looked down at my lap, shyly. “About the fair also, she told me you regretted it. I know that, you know, even if I accept your apology things might not be the same. You and I were never that close, but I just wanted to tell you that I do, accept your apology I mean, and I wanted to apologize for the way I acted too.” I looked up through my lashed and saw him staring at me.

“What I said Ali, it was because of the heat of the moment I didn’t actually mean it. I just want you to know that, and that I do forgive you even though you have nothing to be sorry for.” I nodded. “Well I’m going to head back out, you coming?” I shook my head, no, and he shrugged his shoulders.

I don’t quite know what I did what I did next, maybe it was just something I thought was right for the moment. “Noah, wait.” I called taking a few steps over to him, he stopped and turned back to look at me. I got up on the tips of my toes and placed a gentle kiss on his cheek. “Thank you, for standing up for me.” He seemed dazed, not moving and just staring at me. “Uh, um, it was no problem Freckles.” I looked into his eyes as he spoke, making him fall into a deeper daze. “Well I’ll talk to you later then I guess.” I said quietly, turning my heel to leave.

“Tell me everything that happened! Noah seemed a so dazed when he came back out, spill!” Megan ambushed.

“We apologized, accepted each others apologies. That was it.” I chewed on my lower lip, something I regularly did when I was nervous or stressed.

“You’re keeping something, I can tell. And you’re chewing on your lower lip which means you’re either stressed or nervous, what happened?”

“I might have…somewhat…kissed him-“ she didn’t let me finish because she was already jumping up and down on my bed.

“You kissed him! Did he kiss you back? What happened? Was there tongue?” I rolled my eyes.

“If you had let me finish, I kissed him on the cheek.” Her face fell.

“That’s it? What the hell, you got me all excited for a kiss on the cheek?” She scowled.

“Yeah… I don’t know why I feel this way Meg, there’s this feeling in my stomach that won’t leave.” Her eyes grew wide.

Noah’s P.O.V.

“Hey, I’m going to get going.” I told Alex.

“Kay man, see you tomorrow I guess.” I nodded and made my way out of his room. I walked down the hall, passing Ali’s room.

“Ali, do you by any chance like him?” I stopped dead in my tracks and leaned my ear on the door.

“Megan, what are you talking about?” She replied.

“Ali, do you like Noah?” Me? There was a pause, a long one at that.

“Me? Like Noah? Megan you’ve gone insane!” I felt my stomach drop. She doesn’t like me? So what, why do I care?

“Think about it Ali, you said you had a weird feeling in your stomach that would leave. Have you ever heard of butterflies?” I gave Ali butterflies? A smile suddenly appeared on my face.

“Please tell me you’re joking! Meg, I’m not going to waste my time on Noah. As harsh as it sounds it would only end in heartbreak. He’s a player and he’d never see me in that way.” I could almost see Megan rolling her eyes.

“Okay, you’re right on all of that. But if he doesn’t see you in that way then why did he feel bad for what he said? Why did he stand up for you? Why did he seem dazed after you kissed him, and for a small kiss like that?” I leaned on the doorframe and continued listening.

“How am I supposed to know Meg? I don’t know what runs through his head. You want to know, then go ask him.” Ali probably had that cute shy look on her face.

“Just consider it Ali.” I heard shuffling and before I could make it look like I wasn’t listening Megan opened the door. “Oh, hey Noah.” She gave me a wink, knowing I heard the conversation. “Bye Ali, bye Noah.” She slid past me, leaving me with Ali.

“How much of that did you hear?” She asked quietly.

“Do you really want me to answer that?”

“Stupid right? Megan’s insane.” She chuckled, trying to lighten the mood.

“Definitely.” I agreed. Part of me felt like I was lying; like telling her that it wasn’t stupid at all. Ali came over and leaned her temple on the doorframe and put a hand on the doorknob. She looked so soft; when you take a good look at her you can see everything. Her freckles covered most of her face, but in a way that made her look adorable. Her small little button nose fit her perfectly. And her shimmery grey eyes stood out as they were rimmed with long thick lashes. And for the first time I noticed how naturally red her lips were, not in the vibrant red but in the light reddish shade that made them stand out.

“Noah,” There she goes saying my name in that soft warm tone. “Noah, you’re staring.” She mumbled. I looked at the floor.

“I should get going, don’t want my parents getting worried.” She rolled her eyes, knowing they probably didn’t mind.

“Tell them I said hi.” I nodded.

“See you at school tomorrow.” She nodded.

“Bye Noah.”

“Bye Ali.” The words came out of my mouth but I was still standing there like a fool just looking into her big grey eyes. Maybe Megan was right; maybe I sort of did feel something for Ali. Something I’d never felt before. I snapped back into reality. “Okay well I’m going to go now.” She smiled.

“For real this time?” I nodded and smiled too.

“As much as I know you would love to keep staring at my beautiful self, I’m going to have to go for real this time.” She rolled her eyes.

“You caught me.” I smirked. “Just go Noah.” She pushed me out of the doorframe.

“Bye Freckles.” She was leaning her back against the doorframe watching me walking away.

“Bye Noah.” I was walking backwards still staring at her. Luckily I didn’t trip over anything. She chuckled to herself before going back into her room.

****************************************************************

sooooo..... I dont know what I'm gonna do about this story.

It will be finished at some point, just not any time soon, sorry!

please keep reading.