Chapter 19: GNO

"Jeremy wake up. You're supposed to leave in ten minutes" I shook his shoulder gently, but when I got no response I shoved him with more force. Nothing.

"He's still not up? Wait a minute, flashback to every 8am Physics class sophomore year" Angela threw a shoe at Jeremy, but there was still no response.

"He's going to be late. Desperate times call for desperate measures" I looked at Angela knowingly. She went into the bathroom and returned with a huge glass of water a minute later.

"Care to do the honors?" Angela handed me the cup.

"I would love to" I dumped the water on Jeremy's head. He sat up sputtering, eyes darting around in confusion.

"Which one of you should I kill first" Jeremy shook his hair and water flew everywhere. I guess this was one way to ensure he woke up on the wrong side of the bed.

"It was her" Angela and I shouted at the same time before bolting out of the room.

Jeremy shot off the bed and stormed after us. Angela locked herself in the bathroom, which meant Jeremy had no choice but to chase after me. I practically fell down the stairs before recovering and sprinting into the kitchen.

I picked Charlotte up and held her in front of me.

"Jeremy I have a Charlotte and I'm not afraid to use her" I threatened. He slid into the kitchen and stopped in his tracks.

"Charlotte, Kayla's being mean. Come be on my team" Jeremy waved his hands encouragingly.

"Charlotte I am your sister, so I swear if you take his side over mine I won't make you my special ice cream sundae for a whole month" I made sure she knew how serious I was.

"You can't blackmail a child. What is wrong with you" Jeremy gasped.

"You're trying to steal my sister from me" I threw back.

Before Charlotte had a chance to decide a horn blared outside.

"Shoot he's here to pick me up already" Jeremy ran back upstairs, threw on some clothes, and was back downstairs in three minutes. I threw him a banana and a granola bar before he ran out the door to where his family friend that lived nearby was waiting in his car. Barely a minute later Paige walked through the front door. I'm pretty sure she hasn't used our doorbell in ten years.

"Alright ladies, girls' day is about to begin" Paige shouted.

"I want girls' day. Can I come with you Kayla? Pretty please?" Charlotte begged.

"I wish you could Char, but you have play practice at camp, and you don't want to miss that. You're the lead. They can't practice without the lead" I pointed out.

"Alright I'll go get dressed" Charlotte wasn't upset for long. My little aspiring actress had an unbelievable amount of talent for an eleven year old. I was so proud sometimes it was overwhelming.

After I dropped Charlotte off at camp I came back to my house to find that a bomb had exploded in my kitchen. A food bomb that is.

Paige and Angela attempted to make waffles for breakfast, and there wasn't a single cupboard or countertop that wasn't covered in batter.

"What is that smell? Is something burning?" I sniffed the air and checked the stove, but it wasn't on.

"Shoot we left the bacon in for too long" Paige shrieked before yanking the microwave door open.

"We burnt the last of the bacon. Is the universe punishing me for not eating healthy enough?" Angela shouted up at the ceiling before dumping the plate of bacon in the garbage.