Chapter 2:

Pretend she has light green eyes k thx
----------------------------------

I'm that type of person to hold a stupid grudge for a long time, and my grudge against Michael not telling me what went down exactly at the shop is still continuing after a week. Today, the band was complete and the three other mates were at our house, including Calum's wife, Mikayla, and their fifteen year old son, Beckett.

My mom joined them outside. I sat alone in the kitchen, leaned against the counter with a can of soda in my hand, thinking of possible reasons why Michael was so resistant.

In that moment of being lost in thought, I hear the back sliding glass door open then close. Of course, Michael has to walk in.

"What a coincidence, I was just thinking of you," I smugly say to him.

"Were you now?" He replies just as smug, walking past me and opening the fridge and pulls out a couple bottles of beer.

"Tell me, Michael. I'm going to keep asking," I press and stand behind him.

"I know. I believe you. But keep asking, it's not getting you anywhere," Michael turns past me with five beers in hand. I walk beside him. He drops one of the bottles, and before he realizes he dropped it, I catch it.

"It is going to get me somewhere. I will annoy the living crap out of you if I have to, I want to know your secret, Michael Clifford." I accusingly point the tip of the bottle at him.

"If I tell you my secret, you'd never look at me the same way again. How can I trust you to not tell anyone, or to not judge me. Or, how can you trust me?" Michael's eyes search my face.

"Because I genuinely want to know. I want to know what's bothering you. I want you to trust me. I want someone to stop looking like me as a kid, or as Luke Hemmings' daughter, or the offspring of one of the two most famous musicians in the world. I want to be looked at a person," I sigh and drop the bottle to my side.

Michael puts the bottles on the counter next to us quietly and takes the one from my hand as well.

"You have a way with words," He mumbles and sighs. "I know how it feels. For the longest time, I wanted to escape fame and just be looked at as a human being, not some rock star in a popular band. All celebrities have felt it at one time or another. Like it or not, you are a celebrity and you can't escape the cameras. About the trust, it's just-- I don't know you. I've known you your whole life, but I don't know you as a person. I know you're stubborn, and hard-working and a really intelligent girl, and you know how to get what you want, but that's an observation. I don't know any facts about you."

"That's okay," I shrug. "I'm just really curious."

"Curious," Michael seems lost in thought. After a few seconds, he comes back to reality.

"We have a reunion tour in Australia soon. I'm sure that with Luke and Ella's permission you could tag along with your dad and see your grandparents and cousins. Maybe even Ella will come along with us?" He thinks out loud.

"You think he would let me skip school?"

"If you act excited about it enough," Michael laughs. "He loves it that you like the same type of music as us and that you were so open to playing his instrument."

"Really? I'll try to sneak myself in then," I smirk to myself, forming the plan inside my head.