Chapter 8:

*Reality*

It's been about a month and a half now and we're in another city.

To be honest, the few concert videos that were taken of me on stage went viral. I made news articles and the celebrity news on the TV.

'Jade Hemmings Plays with 5SOS on Stage!' I honestly don't get why everyone was so excited. I've got to go onstage multiple times before. Maybe it's because I actually played?

I don't know, all I know is that I watched some of the videos and we were all amazing. There was a new feeling onstage you have that you don't get anywhere else.

I've made my decision. I want to become a famous musician like my parents.

"Jade," Someone says after knocking on my door. They walk it; it's only Michael. I was sitting in the control room, getting some peace and quiet while letting my thoughts roam.

"Yeah?"

"You haven't bugged me since the last time," He comments while pulling a chair next to me.

"I know," I sigh and play with my thumbs.

"Well, this isn't going to be a flashback update; I'm going to bluntly tell you, because there's no story behind it," Michael looks at me with soft eyes and a sigh. "In the end, I did tell Ella how I felt. Although it was after Luke made a move, he didn't bother to tell me. Any of us for that matter."

"And look where it lead them," I say, not meeting his gaze.

"I... Don't know how to answer that," I glance at him and he's propped his chin in his hand with his elbow resting on his knee.

"I've read the old news articles," I admit with a shrug of my shoulders, " 'Luke and Ella were meant to be together.' 'Cutest couple since Beyonce and Jay Z!' It must suck to see that. I wouldn't know, but just by listening to your perspective, it was shit. And I'm sorry, I'm surprised you don't hate me."

Michael's head is turn away from me. He takes his arm off his knee and sits back in the seat, arms across his chest; This is when he glances at me with the light green eyes. "I never hated you," He says barely over a whisper and leans forward. "I hated the thought of you. I hated the thought of a kid ruining the band and taking the time I used to have away from my two best friends. I hated having to be the babysitter every once in awhile. You know what I hated the most though?" Michael is staring at me with a firm gaze and I shrink in my seat. "I hated having to treat Ella different with Luke around. I used to be able to be able to go up to her and say whatever I wanted; I didn't have to filter it. I used to be able to chill and watch movies with her until three a.m. I used to be able to hug her from behind, I used to be able to treat her like she was my everything. And she was, until Luke took it."

I shift in my seat awkwardly.

"I'm sorry, I hurt your feelings," Michael says equally awkward, "But I never told anyone this. Hear I am, talking to my best friend's daughter about it."

"I don't want to be viewed as your best friend's daughter, Michael. I don't want to be known as 'Luke Hemmings' daughter,' or 'Ella Reece's daughter.' I want to be known for what I do. I want to be Jade, not the celebrity Jade Elizabeth Hemmings, just Jade."

He weakly smiles at me and chuckles afterwords. "Well, damn. You learn something new everyday, don't you? Even if it's someone you've known for almost 17 years now."

I smile back, "You know, I completely forgot about my birthday in a month."

"How does one forget about their own birthday? You're not even old like me yet," Michael chuckles, lightening the mood.