Chapter 9:

*Reality*

"Pst!" I sneer at Michael, who's playing video games in the new dressing room. He doesn't notice me.

"Mikey!" I say again. (He has a headset on.)

"Highlighter boy!"

Nothing.

"I bought pizza."

Wow. Didn't even move an inch. His eyes were glued to the screen of the TV.

"Michael! Jeez," I finally got tired of calling him. I walked over to him and pulled off the headset.

"Leave me the hell alone!" Michael yells at me and waves his hand at me to move.

"Michael, this is important," I put my hands on my hips.

"Not as important as this game," He scrunches his nose and sticks his tongue out as his thumb rapidly pressing one of the buttons.

"It's Code Guitar."

"I don't care, no time for stories," Michael reaches for the headset in my hands with his eyes still chained to the TV.

"My dad's involved."

"Luke can suck my di-"

"He's onto our case," I cut him off while wrinkling my nose, knowing what he was going to say next.

Michael's finger stop abruptly on the controller. He pauses the game and turns off the TV and stares at me.

"What did he say?"

"Just that he noticed that we've been together," I shrug. "What's the big deal?"

"Holy shit," Michael groans, tossing his head back.

"What's wrong?" I ask.

"The cycle, the god damn cycle." He brings his hands to his face and groans longer.

"You're not making any sense," I drum my fingers on my arm with irritation.

Michael sighs, and wipes his face with his hands. "There's another part to the story. It's not very important, but it's something, I guess."

"Well, tell me anyway," I walk over to him in a few strides and sit myself next to him. I bring my knees to my chest and rest my arms on there and smile.

"Code Guitar has a nice ring to it." He comments with a smile.

-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-
*Middle 2018: Everyone's on break and together in LA. The world has recently found out about Luke and Ella's relationship.*

Michael's POV

"Michael," Luke whines, stretching his arms out out while sitting on the couch next to me. Ella's next to him, watching whatever American sport was on TV. I was pretty sure it was baseball.

To be honest, since the whole 'Confirmed Luke and Ella relationship,' came out, everyone was happy. The paparazzi chewed on it, the fans adored it.

Everyone but me.

I felt slightly betrayed, by both Luke and Ella. But you can't be too pissed, Luke didn't know. And it's not my say in what either of them do.