Chapter 4:

Pretend he has brown eyes k thx.
That moment when you add your self into your own story oops. Btw, in the flashbacks, it's going to be in between the years 2015-2023. Now, "Present day Year" is 2039. Woah, my head hurts thinking twenty years in the future.

--------------------------

After the show, my mom decided to ask the tour manager if she and I could tag along. He said yes. Packing up and getting ready to move to the next city, I sat alone in one of the front row stadium seats.

"Hey there," Tal takes a seat next to me, giving a wide smile.

"Hey," I smile back.

"So, are you excited to be touring with your Mum and Dad?" He asks, his accent thick.

When Tal was three, he and his parents moved to Sydney, Australia. He grew up there, and adopted the accent. When he was thirteen, Tal moved back to LA. Of course, my family made frequent trips to Australia, being most of my dad's family is there. Tal smiles lightly.

"Yeah, that should be fun," I smile back.

"My parents are still trying to get me to play an instrument," He rolls his eyes, putting his elbows on his knees and face in his hands. "They don't understand that I'd rather be an athlete than a musician."

"They'll get it through their heads sooner or later, Tal," I say, turning my head to see the roadies setting up the stage, "I bet you that a talent scout will see you someday and you'll do big things."

He chuckles.

"What's so funny?"

"Anyone can be good at track and field, or kick a football into the goal, but you're the only person I'd ever seen besides Uncle Michael play guitar like you do."

"That's very nice of you to say, but right now athletes are dominating entertainment."

"Which makes it harder to get into the business," Tal's brown eyes twinkle in the testing of the strobe lights, "Trust me, Jade, you'll do big things."

From a distance, you can hear Mikayla, Tal's mum, calling him.

"Duty calls," He says, waving a goodbye, and sprinting up towards the balcony seats.

Once he left, I started mindlessly thinking about what happened in between the span of two years before my parents started dating. When they met, my mom was 17 and my dad was 18.

But that would mean my mom was still in high school. And having a hit single at 17 is cool. In pure boredom when my mom came over to check on me, I asked.

"At the time, I was taking an online course to finish high school because I needed to. I didn't want to not graduate and not get my diploma."

"That makes sense," I say with a nod.

She starts talking to me about how I liked the show and what my favorite song of all time is from dad's band.

"I think my favorite ever is Jet Black Heart," I replay the popular ones off of the third, fourth and fifth album, but I just always liked that one.

"I'm stuck in between Rejects and Wherever You Are," My mom smiles at me. "I know you love Rejects."

"I do, it's my second favorite." I explain.