Chapter 3:

Where in the world is Jade?

Australia!

I'm such a daddy's girl.

We were in Allianz Stadium in Sydney to kick of the 5 Seconds of Summer Australian reunion tour.

Soundcheck just finished and there were people my age waiting outside. Actually, all ages. Some looked like moms wearing shirts and facepaints. Some screamed when they saw me.

Believe it or not, I've signed a couple autographs in my lifetime.

This stadium was utterly gigantic. The stage was perfectly set. Even the stage was a long stretch. 45,500 seats. Sold out. 5 Seconds of Summer was truly unbelievable.

I was backstage, peeking out to all the empty seats.

My mom did tag along and was with Liz and my Aunt Celeste. Even though we had a huge age distance apart, me and my cousin Zoe were close. She was 29 years old right now and talking with my dad and hers.

"Big stage, isn't it?" Calum comments from behind me. I turn around to face him.

"Yeah, it is," I respond and turn back to the opening.

"It's weird having someone new on tour. That hasn't happened since your mom rolled around," He says while looking up to the ceiling with thought.

"You think Dad will pull me onstage like in the past?" I change the subject.

"Probably, you're his little trophy," Calum grins at me, "If you'd ask him, he'd probably let you come and sing with us. Luke said you do a killer version of Rejects on guitar."

"Did he now? Well I don't mean to brag... But I agree with him," I say with a hint of pride and sarcasm.

Calum chuckles at me, the popular creases by his eyes forming. "You're quite charming, Jade, if I have to admit. Keep that charm, it'll help you a little in life."

"I don't use my 'charm' against a pizza delivery guy who happened to be a fan."

"Hey!" He accusingly points a finger at me playfully, a smile tugging his lips. "I got you five boxes for free."

"He was gay."

"That doesn't matter. He was a fan, and he had pizza," Calum shakes his head in defeat. "I'll leave you alone now, I guess. I originally came to tell you Michael was looking for you. Something about a new guitar?"

"Really? Do you know where he is now?" I blink at him.

"That way," He points down the hallway to the dressing rooms. "Past the dressing rooms in the audio room, that's where our guitars are for tonight."

"Thanks, Calum," I walk past him towards the hall.

"No problem," He says as I walk away.

Down the hall where Calum promised, Michael was in the audio room playing with his acoustic guitar.

"Was 'new guitar' a really smart codeword, or an attempt to bring me here?" I raise an eyebrow at him as I slowly walk and look around the room.

"Both," He strums a couple of chords.

"You called me here to tell me what you meant, right?" I say a little more excited than I should've let it out.

Michael's facial structure lowers into his thinking face, then his light green eyes met mine. He slowly nods. "Yeah."

I pull a rolling chair from the audio check station and sit it about five feet away from him. I place an anxious expression on my face and put my elbows on my knees, face in my hands. Michael gives me a light smile.
•-•-•-•-•-•-•
Michael's POV