Chapter 1:

Completed: Dec 15 2015 - Feb 12 2016

I casually strolled through the local LA guitar shop. My dad and Michael needed some new strings for their guitars and let me tag along.

I didn't want to make it open to my parents, but everytime I was brought into the shop, I constantly eyed this beautiful baby blue electric guitar. It hung on the wall on the highest row, directly in the middle. It was also under lots of lights, making it look like an angel.

Heck, that guitar was an angel. The reason why I loved this guitar was because blue was my favorite color, more specifically, baby blue. And now I stood here gaping in this guitar's glory.

I've been playing guitar since I was five, so eleven years now. It was my passion, just like it was my dad's. He taught me everything he knows, including the help of his bandmates.

It was funny though, not faking how much you have in common with your rock star father. From our hair, eyes, clothing style and our Australian accents, I was often called 'Luke's Mini Me'. I lied a little on the Australian part- My mom's American. My Australian accent is slightly thicker than my American though.

Let's recap the famous story: my dad is Luke Hemmings, lead singer of one of the most famous bands, 5 Seconds of Summer. They crashed Vevo and broke countless records. But hey, so did my mom.

My mom is Daniella Reece, better known from her nickname Ella.

My parents are both worldwide famous singers and musicians. Both have countless Grammy's and both have a Diamond selling album, which means over 10 million copies sold worldwide. They were both best friends in the start, then ended up getting married and later having me. I'm an only child.

Being born into the spotlight was hard, harder than it looks. I remember being crowded by white camera flashing at a young age and not being able to find my parents. I still hate paparazzi to this day. I shouldn't complain much though, not many people are born into fame these days.

Yep, I'm pretty sure I look dumb. No one normal has full conversations in their heads like me.

"Do you like it?" A voice snaps me from my scolding thoughts to myself. I look over to the voice. It's only Michael. He smiles brightly at me.

"What?" I ask him.

"Do you like that guitar?" He points to the angelic baby blue one.

"Just a little."

"Just a little?" Michael chuckles,"You've been staring at it for about five minutes straight."

I feel my cheeks become hot and I look down to my ripped black skinny jeans.

"It's a really pretty guitar," He says softly.

"It's a beautiful guitar," I gush back.

"I remember back in 2015," Mikey clears his throat, "Luke bought a guitar that looked like that to show off to your mum."

"Really now?" I raise my eyebrows, "Do you trust me? This could make headlines." Michael laughs lightly at my joke.

"I'm serious," He awkwardly scratches his neck and sighs. "I remember you're parents falling in love. It was weird, just being a bystander while your two best friends slowly fall deeper and deeper into that everlasting pit."

I gape at Mikey's touching words.

"Did something happen?" I ask, barely above a whisper.

He sighs again, "My love life is not something I should be talking to with my best friend's sixteen year old daughter."

"Please tell me," I plead. "I won't tell anyone." Michael looks at me oddly and looks back at the guitar.

"No. Forget I said anything," He turns away to leave.

"Wait!" I grab onto his forearm and he stops abruptly. "Please tell me."

He looks at me with a soft expression on his face, but then it turns hard.

"I said no, Jade." Mikey tries to break free once but I hold my grasp.

"I'm not letting you go until you tell me," I threaten. He lightly smirks.

"You're stubborn. Just like your mother," He ends up gently pulling his arm out of my grasp and walks away.

I'm not stopping until I find out what Michael meant.