Chpt.16

• Dedicated to The Wanted

Ok first off I have 5,000 reads!!! OMG! Thank you guys SOOOO MUCH!

(Muffled/broken voices)

“We almost ____ her.”

“She’s ____ again, ____ school ____ find ____ opportunity.”

“____I know ____ persistent.”

“What ____ going ____ do?”

“You ____ tell her ____ truth ____?”

Footsteps up the stairs.

Nathan cracked the door open. I was lying in bed, my eyes were open staring at the ceiling.

“Hey love, how are you feeling?” Nathan asked lowering himself next to me.

…..

“Crystal?”

“I’ve been doing a lot of thinking. I can’t help but feel something strange is going on here.”

Nathan stayed silent.

“Ever since we met, bizarre things have been happening to me,” I started to say. “You’ve been so persistent in becoming my friend from day one, I have this little voice in my head trying to give me advice, my dad is an accident and freaks out when he sees you, I have strange dreams about my ex-boyfriend, my house gets broken into, I have a crazy mental chick after me trying to kill me, who which by the way moves like someone left the fast-forward button on...”

I paused to see his reaction, “in fact you also move incredibly fast like when I slipped on the ice at school, and then just with that mental bitch encounter.”

Nathan looked at me stone faced, “Yes.”

“How is all of that possible? I feel like I’ve stepped into a movie like ‘Twilight’ or something.”

You have dreams about your ex-boyfriend?

Huh? Out of all of that you pick that out? Bug off I’m trying to have a moment here.

Crystal, this is me. This is Nathan.

“What?!” I exclaimed out loud, sitting straight up now, “You can get in my head? That was YOU the whole time?”

Yep.

“I thought I was going crazy. No wonder, it all makes sense now,” I reflected, “That is a crazy trick.”

“Well, that isn’t the only trick I have up my sleeve.” And in less than a second, Nathan wasn’t beside me anymore, but on the other side of the room sitting in a chair looking outside.

He turned around in the chair to look at me, “Crystal, I wasn’t kidding that there are other things in this world you wouldn’t believe exist.”

“What do you mean? What are you then,” I asked, but not sure if I really wanted to know.

Nathan slowly replied, “Crystal, I’m a vampire. Me and the lads all are. So is Dionne.”

In the blink of an eye, he stood right in front of me, “Are you afraid?”

My heart was beating fast, but I looked into his golden eyes. “No, I’m not. You haven’t done anything to me, so I trust you. I just want to understand the truth and what is going on.”

Nathan sat on the bed, “I meant it when I said I would never hurt you. I swore I’d look after you and I mean that 100%. No matter what, no matter who.” He paused to look out the window, “Another vampire sent Dionne after you. Dionne was the one who broke into your house. I caught her scent when we pulled up that night. I was surprised she was so bold to actually enroll as a student at school.”

“Really? It was her that broke in my house?” I exclaimed.

“Yes.”

“Well, who sent her? And why?” I asked.

“The lads and I are trying to track him down – he’s quite elusive, we think he is carrying out his plan from afar but every once in awhile we get the sense he’s near.”

My head spun, “I can’t believe this, this is something that you only read in fairytales or see in the movies. Do other vampires have power like you?”

“Well, some vampires have very strong mind powers. They can make you do things you normally wouldn’t do,” Nathan explained, “Some can even make you forget who your family and friends are.”

I looked at him horrified. Nathan said quickly, “But those types of vampires are rare.”

Remembering what I read in books, I asked Nathan, “Why are you still able to go out in sunlight, I thought you burn up to ash or something.”

Nathan laughed, “You don’t honestly believe everything you read in books do you? No, thankfully it isn’t true otherwise we wouldn’t be able to blend in with the rest of the humans.”

I asked another question, “Do you ever age? How old are you?”

“I was19 years old when I was turned, and that was about 350 years ago.”

My mouth dropped open, “Wow…”

“Yep, still looking good though if I may say so myself,” I rolled my eyes but smiled as Nathan continued, “One nice thing about being around so long is perfecting whatever hobbies you want. Like me and the guys, we sing in a band. We show up every once in awhile in different parts of the world, but we try to keep it on the down low, you know, don’t become too famous.”

“Did you and Dionne meet when you were human or vampires?” I asked.

"I was a vampire and she was human. Back in those days I was living in Europe. She was turned into a vampire by someone else. We weren't together too much longer after that.”

That’s good.

Still feeling a little jealous, huh?

Maybe…

Well, do you drink blood?” I said out loud.

“Yes we do, but the lads and I drink animal blood. There are plenty of animals here in the woods here so we’re more than satisfied.”

“No wonder I never see you eat anything,” I said, remembering all the times I ate alone. “Do you ever feel tempted to drink human blood, my blood?”

“I swore I would never hurt you Crystal. I have to admit, your blood is very attractive and potent but I’ve learned long ago to control my thirst.”

“Oh I see, you’re only attracted to me because of my blood?” I teased.

He laughed again, but then turned serious, “Crystal, you are the most amazing human I have met in a very long time. I meant every word I said the other night. You truly are an incredible, smart, gorgeous – you are so special to me.”

Nathan reached over to me and hugged me tight.

“Nathan, what is going to happen to me?” I asked, my cheek against his shoulder.

“I will protect you Crystal, I swear it,” Nathan said softly.

I gently broke free and studied him. Nathan Sykes, vampire. I knew something was different about him the first time I met him. He had entered my life just in time – my savior and protector.

“Do you have another question?” he asked.

“Will you kiss me?” I whispered.

Nathan’s face lowered near mine, his lips centimeters away. My eyes closed and my body trembled slightly as I waited for his touch. The feeling wasn’t anything when he forced me to kiss him the first time. When our lips finally met, I felt a spark of electricity between us.

<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

Nathan & Crystal on the side!!!! {Made it myself!}