Chpt.1

Copyright © 2013 LovinSangkester
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED!

*NOTE: I don't own The Wanted or the songs. I created the characters Crystal, Luke, Logan and a few others. Reading this back the book is a little cringe not gonna lie but I had this idea when I was 13 or 14. Also while I came up with majority of the story I had a family member help write this book as I sucked at writing. Thank all who have read and liked this book, so glad the boys are back together!

Crystals P.O.V.

My hands fiddled around the bedside table for my phone, which I checked for any new messages from Luke, my boyfriend. Lately we have been distant. I wasn't sure why, but whenever I would text or even call him there was always an excuse why we couldn't talk for very long. I looked down at the glowing screen which read 2:30 pm.

I inhaled the fresh scent of roses that drifted into my room. My dad bought my mom a special welcome home bouquet. My mom was coming home from a business trip later this afternoon around 4:00 pm. Even though it was her first day back in a week, my dad reluctantly took a last minute shift at work. My parents were so close, and he was always doing nice things for her. He had hoped the flowers would help make up for it.

I smiled. Who could blame him though. My mom was one of the best things, next to Luke of course. She was always there when I needed her, she took care of us all, and always there when I needed to talk to someone besides my older brother Logan. I loved her so much and couldn't wait to see her.

Hhhmmm... I wonder if Luke is home.

I decided to find out. I got up and went to my dresser and pulled out a sweatshirt. Hearing the light drumming of autumn rain, I also grabbed an umbrella. I walked down the stairs towards the door.

"Going to Luke's!" I yelled to Logan.

"Ok, come home soon," he called.

I opened the umbrella and made my way to Luke's house.

:3:3:3:3:3:3:3:3:3:3:3:3:3:3:3:3:3:3:3:3:3:3:3:3:3:3:3

Five minutes later I was at the beginning of Luke's street.

I looked down at the far end of the street to his house and was surprised to see a moving truck. My feet dashed upon the pavement until I came up to his door. Luke or his mom wasn't outside but their truck was still parked in the driveway. Guys in blue coveralls entered and exited the house with boxes. I managed to sneak in between the activity and sprinted up the stairs down the hall to Luke's room. His door was open by a crack; he had his headphones in while filling up a box full of his clothes. I burst through the door and crossed my arms over my chest breathing heavily. He abruptly turned, startled at first, and then sadness crossed his face.

"Since when are you moving?!" I shouted.

"Umm... well..." he said taking his headphones off.

"Well, what?" I demanded.

He replied with a small, "Yes?"

"Why didn't you tell me? Did you think you could just leave me without telling me?"

He finished closing the box, "Yes?"

I shook my head, walked over to him and hugged him. He wrapped his arms around my waist and squeezed me closer to his body. We stood there for a few moments in silence.

I finally said, "Ok, I'm going home to pack my stuff then I'll back here and then we can go." My head snuggled deep in his neck.

His chin moved onto my head.

"No, Crystal..." he said with a sad sigh.

I moved my head so I was facing him, "What do you mean, no?"

"You're not coming with us," he said.

"What?" I said stung by his words.

"You heard me. You're not coming."

"Why?" I cried.

"I don't want you to," he said sternly.

I shook my head, "Luke, I'm coming if you like it or not."

"No Crystal, I don't want you to."

I stepped back and looked at him in shock.

"I don't understand, what's wrong with you? Why don't you want me to?" I exclaimed while tears started to form at the corners of my eyes.

"I just don't. And, I think it's better if we move on," he said looking away.

I advanced, "You're breaking up with me? You can't mean that. No. No, you're lying. I know you love me!"

He moved away from me and finally said to me, "I don't want you."

"No, you can't mean that. Please, is it me? I could change, please don't leave me!" I begged, "I love you!"

"Crystal, I don't love you anymore," He pushed me towards the door.

Hot tears fell down my cheek.

"Luke, please!" I pleaded.

He pushed me outside the front door.

"I'm sorry, Crystal. I will see you later baby," and he kissed me on the head.

He looked at me one more time then closed the door.

I couldn't believe what just happened. I turned around and didn't even bother putting my umbrella up. I slowly walked back to my house, my tears blending with the now heavy rainfall.

What just happened? Why me?

Then my cell phone rang. Thinking by some miracle it was Luke telling me it was all a big joke and that he wanted me back, I fumbled for my phone and answered it quickly.

"Hi - Luke?!" I answered hopefully.

But it wasn't Luke, it was my brother Logan. "Crystal.. it's... m-o-o-m-m-m...." Logan stammered. I stopped in my tracks after I heard his voice, he was crying.

"Logan, what's wrong? What about mom?" I asked worried.

Logan sobbed, "S-s-he g-got in a c-car accident a-and and... Oh Crystal! She's g-gone, mom is gone!"

I didn't notice the phone fall from my hand as I sank to the ground.

No! No-no-no! It can't be! My mom dead?

In complete shock, I curled into a ball sobbing on the street corner and closed my eyes.

Please be a dream, please be a dream.

But it wasn't a dream. It was reality. Just like that. My mom was gone. Luke was gone. The two best things in my life were gone, suddenly ripped away from me in a heartbeat.

:3:3:3:3:3:3:3:3:3:3:3:3:3:3:3:3:3:3:3:3:3:3:3:3:3:3:3

Crystal & Luke on the side along with Savin' Me~ Nickelback.