Chpt.18

• Dedicated to Sarah Hyland

I dreamt about the woods again. And of Luke. It was very dark out, the moon was peaking in and out of the thick clouds overhead. We were back on the cliff. Luke's back was to me, facing the vast dark water, the steep drop only a few feet away from him. There were no sounds, no wind, no nighttime sounds, just the faint crash of waves upon the rocks below.

Luke was maybe 20 feet away. I slowly approached him.

"Crystal, what have you done?" his voice called out, echoing against the rocks. His voice wasn't angry, it sounded sad, "I told you I would come back for you."

"What are you talking about, Luke?" I asked cautiously advancing on him. 15 feet away.

"That other guy, that, that- vampire," he hissed.

I stopped in my tracks, "You mean Nathan?"

Luke didn't respond so I slowly continued. 10 feet away.

"I love him Luke. He protected me, he was there for me when you weren't. You left me remember?" 5 feet.

"I told you though. I told you I was coming back for you," He repeated.

I was nearly at his side by now when he finally turned to face me. At that moment the half-moon finally moved out from behind the cloud bank and I clearly saw his face. I stopped and took a few steps back. His face radiated pure anger.

"No one can have you! Do you hear me?" He took a step forward.

"Luke, no - don't!" I started to back away more quickly.

"You belong to me!" And he lunged at me.

I reeled around as fast as I could to run untiI I discovered that we had somehow changed places and I was the one at the edge of the cliff. My arms windmilled as I unsteadily teetered on the edge. I caught a glimpse of the dark water below and then hurriedly looked back at Luke. His eyes seemed to glow red and he knew would be on me in a second.

Not wanting to know what he would do to me, I turned back around and screamed as I jumped off the cliff and into the dark abyss below.

"Whoa love, it's okay," Nathan said as he held me. I was still screaming. "Crystal, shhhh it's okay, you're okay, it was just a bad dream."

I stopped thrashing about once I realized where I was. I hugged Nathan tightly and sobbed. Was I feeling guilty about Luke because I was now with Nathan? I could still see his red eyes, so full of anger.

"Do you want to talk about it?" He asked softly.

I shook my head no.

Nathan held me in his arms and stroked my hair. He started to sing softly,

This is not gonna last forever / It's a time

where you must hold on / And I won't let

you surrender / And I'll heal you if you're broken

We can stand so tall together / We can

make it through the stormy weather /

We can go through it all together / Do it all

together / Do it all

I'll be your strength / I will, I will, I will /

I'll be your strength / Yes I will / Yes I will

I won't sleep till the sky is calmer / Keep

on searching till I've found you / And my

love will be your armour / In this battlefield

around you

Hand in hand we walk together / We can

make it through the stormy weather /

We can break down walls together / Do it

all together / Do it all

I'll be your strength / I will, I will, I will /

I'll be your strength / Yes I will / Yes I will

Hold on / Hold on / I'll be there soon /

So / Hold on / Hold on / I'll be there soon /

I'll be your strength / I'll be / I'll be /

I'll be your strength/ I'll be / I'll be

I'll be your strength / I'll be / I'll be /

I'll be your strength/ I'll be / I'll be

I'll be your strength / I'll be strong for you /

I'll be your strength / And I'll keep strong for you

My eyes felt heavy listening to the soothing sound of his voice.

"I love you Crystal," Nathan whispered and kissed my forehead, "sweet dreams love." But I was already asleep and didn't dream any more that night.

{^}{^}{^}{^}{^}{^}{^}{^}{^}{^}{^}{^}{^}{^}{^}

I'll Be Your Strength & Logan on the side!