Chapter 5

My mom called me.

"Inphy!"
"Where are you?
She said, concerned.

"I had after school detention.."
I said, nervously.

"AFTER SCHOOL DETENTION?!"

She yelled over the phone.
Anyone who was near me could hear her.

"I'm on my way home now."

I was walking in the parking lot, when i stopped. I saw chase's car pull up.

I remembered his car..

It's official..
I'm a stalker.

He distracted me so much that i hung up the phone on my mom..
He was speed walking towards the school.
I thought maybe he forgot something because why else would anyone wanna come back just because?

"C-Chase!"

I yelled his name across the parking lot as he was walking, for a moment he stopped like he was about to turn around but..he didn't.
He started to speed walk even faster almost about to jog.

What did I do?..

Why was he avoiding me so much?
I needed to know.

I had to know.

I resisted the urge to follow him and got into my car.
My mind was clogged with thoughts, the main one was Chase but on the side was my mom..or thats what she wants me to call her.

She's not my real mother.

I found out on my own, i was 8.
She didn't tell me and wasn't going to tell me either.
Which has always bothered me.
She didn't have a boyfriend and she wasn't married so it was just me and her.

She works until around 5 or 6 in the afternoon and leaves out for work around 5:30 in the morning.
So she works long hours, but because of how long she would be working she hired a babysitter to watch me until she came home.

I remember everything that day.

The tears, the anger, the heartache, everything. She was pretending to be my mother, the whole time.

I wanted to know what happened with my family and why they put me up for adoption.
She told me they didn't have the money or things they needed to take care or raise a child so as soon as i was born they put me up for adoption.

And apparently, they didn't really keep in touch with family members either so they had to put me up for adoption.

But.

For some reason..

I've always had doubts about whether what she told me was true or not..
Partially??
Due to our..arguments.
It's affected how i..kind of view her.
But it's also just..something else.

And it's always been there.

------------------

Hope you guys liked the chapter:), you get in on Inphy,s background. What are your thoughts? And sorry the chapters are short again I'm new to all of this so I'm trying.