Ch.23

.558 Words

I swallowed the lump in my throat, "What did he say?" I tensed.

Louis wiped some tears off his cheek with his thumb an sniffled.

"He told me he was sorry for what he did, and that he's such a fuck up. He is so fucking sorry..."

"Okay." I said so he would continue.

"I miss my best friend." Louis whispered.

"Something else is on your mind, I can tell." I whispered to him as I wrapped my arms around his waist and pulled him close.

Louis tensed, "I'm sorry." Louis broke down into a full-on sobbing fit.

I was shocked. Niall and Liam came down the steps in just their boxers.

"What the hell?" Liam asked, "Louis what's wrong?" Liam asked, walking over and kneeling down beside him.

I glanced over at Niall who had a sad look on his face, he knew everything. Which just made me wonder what I was missing.

"I told you, you were going to break." Niall whispered but I used my hearing to pick it up.

"What's going on?" I asked, "Baby." Louis sobbed harder.

"I was pregnant." Louis cried, "And I lost the baby." Louis was sobbing, doubled over, and gasping trying to catch his breath.

My grip around him loosened. Liam looked up at me, "W-what?" I stuttered.

Louis sobbed the entire time he was explaining, "I-I had N-Niall do a test on me... And he told me I was fertile... That's why I was acting like that that one night.... I found out two days later I was p-pregnant..." Louis swallowed hard, "T-then I started b-bleeding last night. And Niall t-told me I was having a mi-miscarriage."

Louis was crying and I didn't know what to do. Every Alpha part in me was telling me to help him but the human in me wanted to storm out on him for not telling me.

"I'm s-so sorry."

"Niall is this true?" Liam asked.

Niall bit his lip, "He started bleeding and I could smell the chemical change.... He lost it."

Liam had a sad look on his face, then looked down at his own stomach, "I'm so sorry Louis. But why would you try off your heat? You know those pregnancies are the most dangerous."

Louis sniffled and quietly cried, "I wanted a baby."

My soul felt torn out of my body. Louis rolled up his shirt and my heart snapped. I ran my hand over the bump of his stomach.

"Wait." Niall whispered.

"What?" Louis sniffled.

Niall looked in complete shock as he walked over to Louis. He bent down and smelt his neck.

"Don't freak out." Niall warned.

He sunk his teeth in and Louis gasped as his eyes glowed that ass bright beautiful blue.

Louis eyes faded in and out as Niall pulled away, "No fucking way." Niall whispered.

Niall opened his eyes which were glowing.

"What?" Liam asked.

"You didn't lose the baby." Niall said.

"What...? Why are your eyes still glowing?" Louis asked.

"You didn't lose the baby Louis. It was changing."

"Changing into what?" Liam asked.

Niall squeezed his eyes closed and when he opened them back up they where his normal blue, "A true Alpha."

-------------

Chapter question:

What do you think this means? Can Louis and Stan reform there friendship?