➵ twenty three

[Sorry it's been so long since my last update, I was supposed to update last week but there was a lightning storm and it ruined our router and I had to wait for 5 days for it to get replaced. Anyways, there's a time skip in the story, maybe 2 1/2 months.]

"Luke." Luke turned around to see Calum, awkwardly standing in his doorway "Hey." Luke waved "It's been almost 2 and a half months since we talked, how are you and Michael?" Calum asked "All good, we're all good. He's gone to Cheshire for some family stuff. What are you doing here?" Luke asked closing his laptop "I came here to apologize for my behavior and since we're graduating in a week, I figured I should apologize." Calum explained playing with his fingers and everything was silent "Luke, I don't expect you to forgive me but-" 

"I forgive you Calum." Luke said with a smile and his arms crossed "So, all good?" Calum asked, Luke nodded "Can I get a hug?" Calum asked shyly "Come here." Luke opened his arms and Calum immediately enveloped him in a hug "I miss you my best friend." Calum said, inhaling Luke's scent "You too, we can hang out, Michael's out of town as I said before." Luke said, Calum smiled, pulling away "Perfect."

x

The day was spent well, Calum and Luke had a lot of catching up to do "So, are you happy with him?" Calum asked as they sat in Calum's porch drinking beers "Yeah, I am. He's different in school and when you're alone with him." Luke explained "You love him?" Calum smirked "Of course I do." Luke chuckled "So, we've been talking an awful lot about myself, how are you? Do you like someone?" Luke asked, Luke knew Calum was Bi

 "I have actually but he doesn't know I like him." Calum said taking a swig "Ohh! Does he go to our school?" Calum shrugged and Luke's parent's car parked in their drive way "I should go, we can hang out tomorrow or the next day." Luke said giving Calum a side hug "I'll find out who that boy is." Luke teased, laughing and Calum chuckled, he stood up picking up the bottles and went upstairs to his room and he peeked through the curtains to see Luke on his phone, probably talking to Michael and Calum's chest tightened as he watched Luke smiling and talking to Michael, knowing that he can never make Luke smile the way Michael is making him smile "It's you Luke." Calum whispered, tears prickling in his eyes "I love you Luke."

 Calum first realized he liked Luke when they were in Junior High, when Luke came to Calum's house crying because he realized he was Gay, Calum laughed it off and told Luke he was Bisexual himself and that made Luke feel better. Calum spent the whole night with Luke, they talked until 3 am and they didn't even feel the time move so fast. 

Luke fell asleep on Calum's bed, in a fetus position and his hands hugging his chest and Calum thought it was cute and he just sat there beside Luke's sleeping body and just ran his fingers through his soft blonde hair and he let out a confession while Luke was sleeping and he had told Luke that he loved him, he took the oppurtunity because Luke was asleep. When he found out about Luke liking Michael, he felt like his whole world crashed and burned, he locked himself in his room, listening to Unintended by Muse on a loop. No one knows that he is in love with Luke except himself.