What Are You Gonna Do About It?

Margot was following Hagrid through the train station, she kept looking at the ticket he had given her earlier reading "Platform 9 3/4". It seemed pretty odd, but hell maybe English people were just weird like that.

"Platform 8..." Only one more to go. She continued walking until they hit Platform 9. She peered over at the next platform number reading 10; there was no 9 3/4.

"Um, Hagrid?" She said looking over at him, "Where's th-" but she was cut off by Hagrids gruff chuckle.

"Every student I've taken here always asks that question," He said with a large smile hidden under his scruffy beard. "The entrance is right o'er there," He added, pointing over to... a brick wall.

Is he serious...? Though everything leading up to this point she would have thought was impossible a few days ago, so why not this too?

"Whelp what do I have to do then?" Margot was still skeptical but she pushed the thought to the back of her mind.

"It's simple really, jus' run through the barrier righ' over there," Her gaze followed to wear he was pointing, a brick wall.... "And poof! Platform 9 3/4"

"You mean like.. Run into the wall?" She asked raising her brow.

"Tha's right," His beard shifted as he smiled, an amused glint in his eye.

I swear to god if he's joking about this...

"Well you better 'urry, you don't wanna be late for the train eh?" He said nodding towards the wall.

"Screw it..." Margot mumbled under her breath and she walked towards the brick wall. She stood a couple feet away, glancing back at Hagrid who just nodded in support. She glared at the wall for a moment before she squeezed them shut, running towards certain embarrassment.

It was cold for a moment, then loud talking and the whistle of a train made her stop in her tracks. She opened her eyes, relief washing over her. Hagrid really was telling the truth.

I don't think I'll ever get use to all of this...

She looked back at the brick wall she had just come from, then up at the sign that read 'Platform 9 3/4'.

She took a deep breath before making her way over to the train, looking around at all the kids with their luggage and families. Hagrid assured her he'd have all of her stuff sent to her so she didn't have to lug it all around by herself, for that she was thankful.

Margot climbed up the stairs to the train, holding her breath as she peered down the hall. She slowly exhaled before walking forward, glancing into each compartment as she made her way through the tight hallway.

She paused watching a girl turn her friend's hair bright green with just a couple words and a flick of her wand, "Huh no way..." She mumbled before she continued on.

A couple compartments down there was a group of little kids, who looked around 12, making their books hover around the small room for a couple seconds before falling to the floor. She smiled, torn between complete awe and amusement. She continued on trying to find a compartment that was unoccupied.

Margot was almost towards the end of the train, passing by some compartments with chatting kids and others with some of the students passed out cold.

She reached one of the last compartments, glancing inside and finding to her luck that it was empty. She let out a sigh of relief as she slid open the door and stepped inside; it got quiet as soon as she closed the compartment door.

That was kind of nice, the room was sound proof to all the chaos outside. Seems like a perfect place to attempt a nap. After the lack of sleep she had gotten the night before, and the long excited day she'd had so far, she was exhausted.