Two

« i just want to mention real quick how nervous i get when i post a chapter bc i feel like everything i write is crap & idk what your reactions will be... enjoy reading! »

Jack

"Casey," I mumbled, softly combing Casey's hair with my fingers while she laid her head on my chest. "Yes?" Her voice sounded weak and tired, considering it's nearly 12AM. "Do you mind if I go to the club with a couple of my friends?" I asked, hoping she wouldn't mind. I just wanted to have a bit fun tonight.

"You can go, but don't get wasted or high. You know I hate it when you drink or smoke." Casey warned me, lifting her head from my chest. Her eyes were red due to lack of sleep. She hasn't slept well last night, she kept tossing and turning for some reason.

I tucked Casey in bed and got ready to leave, texting one of my old friends to come pick me up. I knew I probably shouldn't hang out with my old friends since they're bad people, but I'm going to try my best to control myself.

It took Shane about 30 minutes to arrive at my place. I grabbed my phone, kissed Casey's forehead and left our apartment, wearing dark jeans with a black v-neck and a golden chain around my neck.

"Jack Gilinsky, long time no see." Shane did the usual handshake and sped down the road, off to the nearest club. There was a massive line of people when we arrived to the club. I was not going to stand in line just to enter the club.

"Don't worry, bro. We can go through the back entrance to the VIP lounge." Shane chuckled, probably noticing the look of horror in my eyes as I was observing the line of impatient people. I furrowed my eyebrows, "VIP?" I repeated, Shane nodding after me.

"I know the owner, we've done business together before." Shane explained and I knew exactly what he meant with business; drugs.

I used to be into drugs as well. After I tried committing suicide, I was in such a dark place in my life. I didn't think it'd get better anytime soon, so I landed myself in an even messier mess. I mostly did it for the money, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't use the drugs myself every once in a while. It was a temporary escape from reality.

But then Casey came back into my life and I kind of put all of my attention back on her. Still to this day.

Once we made it into the VIP lounge, Shane immediately ordered us an alcoholic beverage. One can't hurt right? We seated ourselves at the bar observing the people dancing on the dance floor. It was obviously less crowded in here, but the dance floor was still packed.

"So, what have you been up to? You know, since you left all of a sudden?" Shane asked, swallowing his drink. "I've been living a normal life, I guess." I saved him the details, not wanting to mention Casey.

"I joined a gang recently. I earn twice the money I used to earn and it's way more exciting than before." Shane informed me, "You should join us man," He suggested, but I backed away immediately.

"No, I can't do that. I have a job, I'm okay with the money I earn." I chuckled as Shane shrugged his shoulder, "Call me if you change your mind." He mumbled, ordering another drink.

I decided to go home around 3AM. As a married man, there's not much to do at a club. Once I arrived home, I saw Casey on the couch, holding her stomach.

"What's wrong?" I asked, tossing my keys onto the coffee table as I seated myself next to Casey. "I just threw up." She spoke, her voice sounding raspy. "Did you eat something wrong, or?" I asked, but Casey just shook her head in an annoyed way.

"Come on let's go to bed." I picked her up, making her straddle me as I carried her to our bedroom. Once I tucked her in, I slipped off my jeans and v-neck and joined Casey, who immediately put her leg over my legs and her arm on my chest.

"I love you," I breathed out, feeling my eyes getting heavier.

"I love you too," Casey managed to whisper, followed by a comfortable silence.

« i apologise for keeping the chapters so short, i'll try and make em longer. or are they good like this? idk, let me know in the comments & vote as well! »