/eight/

High school is hard af.

there's, like, a lot of homework. like 'this is the most free time I've had in a week' a lot.

So, although slow, there will be updates

Song - Not fair, this is a filler chapter. You can't expect me to have one to match it.

So... Just go listen to Halsey's new album because it's good.

•Jordan's POV•

I made my way downstairs, running a hand through my hair in a useless attempt to look presentable. My mouth tasted like morning breath and I was desperate to wash it away with a bowl of cereal.

Everyone else was already sitting at the table. Tom was staring at his plate. Sonja and Tucker were chatting with Mianite. Dia and Ianite were cooking.

I fixed myself breakfast and sit across from Tom. I kept to myself for a while until Tom spoke up, hushing everyone.

"I'm leaving." He spoke abruptly.

What?! Is he fucking crazy?! He can't go on his own! He'll die out there!

Everyone stared at him, waiting for elaboration.

"I'm gonna go to Yorkville. I'm gonna find my mum."

I couldn't help but see the smirk on Mianite's face.

"Why? Its dangerous out there." Ianite asked.

"I have to get my mum. Would you mind if I borrowed a truck?"

"Sure, hun. Dia has an extra one out back."

"I'll go with you. To make sure you don't fuck up." Dia insisted.

"I'm going too." I finally said something.

"Jordan-"

"No. I'm going with you." I cut Tom off.

"I'll go too." Sonja volunteered.

"Then it's settled. We leave at noon." Dia said before pulling Tucker aside.

"Why are you coming?" Tom asked me. "You could get killed."

"And you could get killed too."

He stared at me.

"You better not get killed." I stated.

"Right back at ya."

The corner of my mouth twisted up a little.

«»

I sit in the passenger seat while Dia drove. Sonja and Tom in back, a plexiglass window separating us.

"You still have that same leather jacket." I chuckled. "Didn't you steal it from your brother?"

"Yes. And you still have that stupid watch. Ianite gave it to you, right?"

I nodded.

"Besides, it's not like that asshole could ever make this jacket look good. I was doing him a favor."

I laughed. I missed our chats. The guy always had something to say.

"So, what's with you and Tom?"

"What are you talking about?"

"Yeah, yeah. Cut the shit, boyo. Ianite and I have money on who'll make the first move."

"Money in an apocalypse?"

"Oh, because the only two chefs in the house are gonna fight over food rations."

"Touché. I can't tell if he's into me though. He's really hard to read."

"You should make out with him."

"I'm not going to hand you the win to the bet."

"Dammit."

super short filler chapter. barely 500 words. but this little adventure should last at least two chapters so it's worth it.

prepare to be 'shot in the face' with your own tears ;)

that was terrible, i don't apologize.