/three/

Song - Renegades by X Ambassadors

•Tom's POV•

"Fuck! Jordan are you okay?! Fuck!" Tucker yelled back.

"Oh shit!" I yelled back. I moved Jordan's unmoving body so he was laying across the back seats, head in my lap. I put two fingers to his wrist. Tucker turned on the windshield wipers, making a gross sound like milkshake being tossed around.

"I got a heartbeat! I need a cloth or something!" I called out.

"Well I'm driving and my girlfriend's not taking off anything!" Tucker said grudgingly.

I glared at him and took off my sweatshirt and t-shirt.

I lifted up Jordan's head and wrapped the shirt around his forehead.

My hand came back up covered in blood.

"Fuck!"

"Alright back there?!" Sonja asked.

"No! He's fucking bleeding! We need bandages and meds or something!"

"Just put pressure on it for now! We need to get out of Chicago!" Tucker yelled.

"Aren't you guys his friends?!"

"Yeah! Why?"

"Shit friends you got here, pal." I said to the unconscious body.

"We don't even fucking know you! Don't get so damn cocky!"

I wanted to talk back. Not because he was wrong, he was right actually. But I resented his tone so the urge was there. But I held back and focused on keeping Jordan secure as the car jerked every which way.

This was the first time I think I really saw everyone else's faces. From when I shot the innocent man, up until now, I had tunnel vision.

At first, the body was the only thing I saw. It was just the puncture wound of the bullet I shot. And the grotesque stale dark blood pooling around me. And then it was the gun. The gun in my hand became the center of my universe, of which I revolved around. Then human and nonhuman figures. No faces, just outlines.

Now, for the first time, I feel like I was really seeing them. I could make out dimple lines on Tucker's face and Sonja's pale green eyes. I took my time studying Jordan's face. I couldn't see his eyes, but his hair was raven brown and was styled upwards. He was an average height but I was taller.

He was actually kinda cute.

That's something normal to think, right? It's not like I like him. I'm just recognizing his face as it is.

«»

Soon enough, we were out of Chicago. The highways were jammed with people trying to escape so we took a back road.

A gas station appeared on the horizon.

"Stop here. We need food and water." I told them.

"What if there are people?" Tucker asked.

"I'll handle them." I decided not to tell them about my past.

No need to give them a reason not to trust me.

We pulled over and Sonja crawled in back to take my place.

I jumped out and pointed my gun at the store.

"If there are walkers, shoot them in the head. Nowhere else." Tucker reminded.

"Got it. Try to fill up the tank if you can."

I ran across the small parking lot and glanced in. One light flickered inside.

But it wasn't ransacked.

I kicked open the door and looked around. I shot down three walkers and grabbed a ton of fabric bags. I started filling them up with fruit, chips, granola bars, water, etc.

I ran back to the car, putting all the bags in.

I went back in, grabbed a bag full of meds and first aid supplies.

"We good?" I asked. "The gunshots might've attracted walkers. We need to leave."

"Yeah, the tank's full. Let's go." Tucker responded.

Sonja got back in passenger and I put Jordan's head in my lap again.

I took my shirt off his head and started to clean the wound with rubbing alcohol.

I put a piece of cloth on the back of Jordan's head then secured it with gauze.

I checked his pulse again. Almost normal.

"We took out those weird metal suitcases. There were clothes, wear this." Sonja tossed a black t-shirt at me.

I pulled the shirt over my head and went back to Jordan.

I GOTTA GO THIS WAS A REALLY RUSHED UPDATE SORRY IF THERE ARE TYPOS BYE