/twelve/

Song - Gasoline by Halsey

Shit! Pretend I put in a emotional reunion between Ianite and Andor I totally fucking forgot.

•Tom's POV•

Fucking idiot.

Stupid. You're so fucking stupid.

Concentrate asshole. Focus.

I threw Jordan into the bedroom I cleared.

"Stay where you are!" I yelled. Both to Jordan and whoever was hiding in the closet in the master bedroom at the end of the hall.

I lifted my pistol. Edging my way to the end of the hall, I never took my eyes off the closet.

I had heard someone try to cover a sneeze.

Now I heard whispers.

"I'm sorry. I'm going to get you out of this."

"I wouldn't count on that." I growled.

I used my shoe to open the folding closet door.

A guy about my age was shielding someone underneath him.

"Please, just kill me. Let her go, I'm begging you!"

The first thing I noticed was that they were unarmed apart from a steak knife.

"Hand over your knife." I demanded.

He complied. He was shaking in fear. I couldn't see his face but I caught a glimpse of purple hair underneath him.

"Nice hair. I like the color. Pastel purple is cute." I teased.

"T-Tom?" Jordan stepped out from where I threw him.

"I don't know, Jordan. Should we let this happy couple go or rob them blind and kill them?" I fired at the ceiling to scare them.

A screaming cry was cut off to a squeal.

I giggled a little. This was fun.

"Tom... Calm down. Please don't kill them..."

I raised an eyebrow.

"Really? You're really pulling this shit right now?"

"Just let me talk to them."

His eyes were filled with fear and his voice shook.

It felt like someone poked my heart.

Fucking asshole! What did you do to him?! You fucking hurt him!

You fucking idiot. Make him feel better, now!

You can't wake up, this is not a dream.
You're part of the machine, you are not a human being.

I stepped back from the closet.

Jordan darted forward and kneeled in front of the two shivering forms.

"Are you okay? What're your-"

The guy got off from on top of the purple haired girl.

"Martha?" Jordan put his hand to the girl's forehead. "Oh my god, Martha, it's you! You're burning up! We need to get her back to the house!"

"Martha? You mean this is Ianite's daughter? She better not be as obnoxious as his son."

"You know her?" The guy asked. Now I could see his face. His eyes were green and one was shielded by dark brown hair. "My name's James. I'm a friend. You've gotta help us. She's sick."

"She's not bit, right?" I asked.

"No, it's a severe cold, possibly the flu. We've got to bring her home. Now, Tom!" Jordan commanded.

I accepted defeat and gave James his knife back before picking up Martha.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?!" James shouted.

"I'm saving you're girlfriend, idiot." I said before running downstairs and into the truck. Jordan came out a minute later, helping James limp.

«»

"It's s-s-so c-cold." Martha stammered.

"Use this." I handed back my cloak.

James wrapped himself and Martha in the cloth.

"Andor and Ianite are going to be so happy to see you!" Jordan smiled warmly at them. "What happened to Steve? Weren't you two living together?"

"They were in a fight when the outbreak started. Steve was staying at a hotel, I was comforting Martha. Then they started bombing Chicago."

I thought I heard explosions on our way out.

"I hurt my leg and with winter coming up, Martha got sick. We didn't have any antibiotics or anything so we had to leave her house. We've been moving around everywhere ever since."

"H-how's little Ianita?" Martha asked.

My hands tightened on the steering wheel and my eyes started to water.

"She, uh, didn't make it." Jordan said grimly.

Martha started to cry. James comforted her.

My leg pressed harder on the gas pedal.

You could've saved her! It's all your fault! You fucking monster!

I've looked at that day from every angle, trying to take the blame off myself. But I couldn't.

I kill and get people killed.

Damn, I just realized I've only killed off like two people.

And neither really had an important role at all.

I'll work on that >:)