/fifteen/

Dedicated to CaptainNightshade , who unintentionally determined the direction of this chapter.

Song - I'm So Sorry by Imagine Dragons

«One Day Later»

•Ianite's POV• ( ooooooooo )

We cleared the first house.

That's all I could think.

We had cleared the first house.

How did they hide so easily?

We had cleared the first house. So how are we locked in a basement right now?

Because you didn't look hard enough.

---

They only captured four of us. Sonja, Jordan, James, and I.

Dia, Tom, Tucker, Mianite, Martha, and Andor are waiting just outside the town.

Hopefully they're smart enough to stay away.

The bullet wound in James' shoulder finally stopped bleeding. It went straight through so surgery isn't needed. But his shirt is soaked in his own blood and his cape is stained.

Sonja was crying, shivering in the corner. Jordan was just staring at the floor.

I was tending to James, wrapping his shoulder with strips of my shirt.

I don't know if it's day or night but at the moment, I don't really care.

The door opens, letting light into the room.

We all cower, shielding our eyes.

"That one." A buff voice demanded. Two men came down and grabbed Sonja by her arms. She fought back, kicking and screaming.

"You sons of bitches! You'll fucking pay if you touch my friends!"

They didn't even flinch. The door closed and we were consumed with darkness again.

"We have to get out of here." Jordan mumbled.

"James is in no shape to move and they locked the door."

"They took Sonja, Ianite! They took Sonja and we didn't do shit!"

"I'll tell you what, we'll find the balance. You figure a way out, I'll try to get James walking."

"Deal."

•Jordan's POV•

I looked around, searching for anything that could possibly help us.

I played with the zipper on my jacket and noticed it was metal.

Metal equals tool.

I worked the zipper until it broke off.

I rushed to the wooden steps that lead to the exit and pried a plank of wood with the broken zipper.

I eventually got it off and examined the nails sticking out of the other side.

A perfect weapon.

I pried another plank loose and used Ianite's purple chain necklace to carve away a stake.

With the stake, I took off the doorknob and after a little fiddling with lots of unfamiliar gears, I took the lock out with my fingers.