Iceland

“I hate you ___________.  I really don’t understand why you do these things… and now because of you we are stuck in this mess,” Iceland, said angrily.
“So now it’s my fault?” you scoffed.
“I can still hear you” Sweden said from the living room while reading a book. “If you guys continue to fight I will never unlock those handcuffs.”
“Ahh hahaha.. oh no no we are doing just fine,” Iceland said obediently.
“I swear ______ when we get out of this mess I am going to kill you,” he whispered to you.
“You wouldn’t get the chance. I’ll kill you before that,” you made a sadistic face. 
“And why do you even want to eat something right now? Can we not do this?” he whined.
“My stomach is growling, of course I need food. Now hand me that bread,” you ordered and just to annoy him more you added a few finger snaps at the end. Iceland was losing his patience with you but he knew he had no choice. If he raised his voice once more, Sweden would explode. He handed you the bread quietly. You continued to fry the chicken, adding all your favorite sauces and spices.
“Anything else?” he asked with sarcasm intended.
“Nope!” you smiled cheekily. “Just stand here and watch me.”
Iceland sighed from time to time but you ignored it. He was trying to annoy you, while you on the other hand were not giving him any chance to succeed.
“Why are you calm?” he asked after a long time.
“Because I’m making my food,” you replied.
“Would it surprise you if I said I don’t want to fight anymore?”
You laughed condescendingly. “Iceland, we’ve been fighting since we were in middle school. Do you really think all of that will end so quickly.”
“Yes. I’m ready to end it.”
“You’re just saying that to get out of this mess.”
“No! ________, I really mean it,” he said with a serious tone. “I don’t want to fight with you because….” He stopped half way and bit his lip. You looked at his side profile. He seemed nervous. You were starting to get an idea of what it might be that he had to say but you didn’t want to encourage him. “How can I convince you?”

“You don’t have to,” you said and turned around to face him. “I believe you.”
“Really?” he asked enthusiastically.
“Yeah, yeah!” you said taking a big bite of your sandwich. “Want some?” you offered.
“Aha! Yes Please,” he chuckled.
“Now what do you say? Should we go talk to Sweden” you winked at him.
“Of course,” he replied cheerily.