vampire | ferid

[Modern AU]
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

"This is your idea of fine dining, Mister Bathory?" You slid yourself in one of the seats upholstered with red and white leather, not waiting for your piece of shit boss to sit with you.

"I told you to call me Ferid when we're alone, (name)-chan!" Ferid sighed, adjusting the red bowtie around his neck and dusting off his white long-sleeved button up as he hung his blazer on the coat rack by the door to the grungy, fifties-themed diner he had decided to treat you to lunch to.

"Fat chance, Mister Bathory," You eyed him with a complacent smirk on your lips.

Ferid sat across from you and placed his chin in his hands as he rested his elbows on the table. He had a pout on his face, which did not suit him in any way.

"I should take this rebellious behavior as a sign to take it out on your paycheck."

Your eyebrows furrowed as you frowned at the white-haired man, "You wouldn't dare."

He winked at you. "Remember, (name)-chan, I'm your boss."

"Why you--"

Before you could pounce at Ferid, someone cleared their throat from behind you. Turning around, you saw a blue-eyed blond with an apron tied around his waist. His foot tapped on the white and black tiled floor. He held a small notepad on his left hand and a pen on his right. The impatient look on his face seemed rather cute.

"Oh, Mika-kun! Nice to see you," Ferid flirtatiously batted his eyebrows at the young waiter. You couldn't help but cringe.

"Can I take your order?" The person whom you presumed as 'Mika' spoke with a gruff voice, as if he didn't want to be here in the first place.

Ferid hummed before saying, "I'll be taking the usual."

The blond scribbled your boss' order on his notepad with a lazy expression on his face, as if he'd done this a million times before already. He then turned his blue-eyed gaze to you. "What about you?"

"Uh," You turn nervously to Ferid, who was drinking from the metal flask he always brought around with him. "I'll be taking what he's taking, I guess."

A wide-eyed Ferid choked on his drink and almost sputtered it in your face. "Nonononono. No. She's having the Friday Special."

"What are you talking about? It's only Wednesday," You raise an eyebrow at him.

"W-Well, she's having fries and a strawberry milkshake. Make those fries really greasy for me, Mika-kun!" He spoke in a rushed manner as he sweat-dropped.

Mika jotted down your order --technically, Ferid's order for you-- and asked, "Is there anything else?"

"Nope! Not at all!" Ferid replied rather overenthusiastically.

Mika only rolled his eyes in annoyance and muttered something about annoying customers as he made his way back to the counter to give your orders to the cashier.

"We could've just ordered some Chinese food y'know," Crossing your arms, you let out an exasperated sigh. "I would've enjoyed it. And you know I dislike strawberries."

Ferid slumped back into his seat and took a swig from his flask. "Come on, (name)-chan! This is the first time ever that I'm treating you lunch. Can you at least act a bit happy about this?" His pale lips formed another pout, which, once again, made you cringe.

"Can I ask why one of the most prestigious CEOs in the Kanto Region prefers eating in a diner? I didn't even know a place like this existed in Japan. God's sake, Mister Bathory," You pull out your phone and decide to scroll around a bit just to avoid a conversation with your boss.