how i met your mother | guren

[Modern Clubbing AU; 1k Special]
(A/N: well, folks, Guren won.)
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

"Dad?" (Son's Name) called out before pouring himself a bowl of cereal.

Guren looked up from the newspaper he was reading, and hummed in acknowledgement.

"Can you tell me how you and mom met?"

Guren froze with the mention of how he met you. It was mostly a blur of bad perms, ex girlfriends, vodka, and Shinya.

With a sigh, the raven-haired man placed the newspaper on the breakfast table and scratched the back of his head. (Son's Name) was old enough to know. "Well..."

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

"Kureto! One more glass. Gimme another!" yelled Shinya as he waved his empty shot glass in the air.

"Relax, you damn animal," mumbled his brother, Kureto, as he poured the white-haired beast his umpteenth shot.

Shinya was suddenly in front of Guren in a flash, and he could smell the Hīragi's alcohol-laced breath from where he was sitting.

"Guuuuren, you've only had five shots!" Shinya drawls.

"That's enough for me, you imbecile."

"Aw, are you still sad because of Mahiru breaking up with you? That's fiiiiiiine! In fact, you should drown aaaaall your problems with vodka!"

What Guren didn't expect was for Shinya to wedge the bottle of vodka between Guren's lips, so he could dump all its remaining contents down the poor ebony-haired man's throat.

When Shinya emptied the bottle, he placed it back on the table in front of them, before grinning triumphantly at Guren.

The sudden rush of alcohol in his system made him feel like throwing up. Guren gave Shinya the evil eye. "You made me drink like half the damn bottle!"

"That's hardly enough, you weakass!"

"Who are you calling a weakass? Kureto, get me three more bottles!" Guren didn't know why those words came out of his mouth, but that white-haired asshole was belittling him!

"Oh no you don't! Nii-chan, get me ten!"

"Both of you can get a hundred bottles for yourselves! I'm going to the dancefloor to mingle with the ladies," Kureto remarks with a wink before sashaying away to the crowded dancefloor.

With that, Shinya and Guren locked gazes with one another in a challenging manner. "First one to get drunk enough to grind on everyone in the dancefloor gets to make the loser a slave for a month?" There was a mocking glint in his sapphire optics.

If Guren was completely sober, he wouldn't even consider accepting his companion's bet. But, since that was not the case, and Shinya was subtly implying that he couldn't do it, Guren couldn't step down his throne of pride.

"Deal, you jackass."

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

This was definitely one of the stupidest decisions you made in your life. The dress that your friend, Saika, had lent you was achingly tight and itchy, the heels that came along with it put your feet through hell, and the boy you met on one of those many dating sites online texted that he couldn't show up.

You cursed yourself as you downed the martini you ordered in one go. Why in the world did you try dating sites in the first place?