fortune | shihō

"The person you first look at after reading this fortune will give you an abundance of blessings," Shinya read his fortune aloud.

Immediately, he stood up and closed his eyes as he circled the table where everyone was seated. The boys of the Shinoa squad, you, and Guren are situated inside the meeting hall and Shinya had summoned everyone because of the freshly baked fortune cookies Kimizuki had made. (They were originally for his sister, but Shinya smuggled them from him.) The white-haired Major General had demanded that everyone take a cookie and crack open their fortunes.

Shinya paced around with his eyes closed until he abruptly stopped next to you. He opened his eyes and immediately hugged you tight. "Give me my abundance of blessings, (Name)-chan!"

You tried pushing him away. "Shinya-san, you actually believe in this superstition?"

He didn't budge. "Hey, that's what the fortune cookie said! Who am I to stand in the way of fate?"

With a groan, you clutched the bridge of your nose and sighed as everyone else sniggered quietly around you.

"Come on, (Name)-chan. Crack open your fortune!" Your superior urged.

You tried wiggling a bit so you could force your fortune cookie open, but it was rather difficult with Shinya all over you, although you did manage to get the paper out of the cookie.

"Your shoes will make you very happy today," You read aloud and everyone turned to you and looked at you in confusion.

"Is that really what the fortune says?" Yū inquired incredulously.

You nodded and popped the cookie into your mouth as you stuffed the piece of paper into your uniform's pocket. You struggled against Shinya once more to glance at the shoes you were wearing.

Since your uniform boots finally gave out, you had to wear your favorite sneakers today. If the fortune was true, what was so particular about these shoes?

"Yū, you're next!" Shinya declared as he sat on your legs, back facing you, and wrapped your arms around him.

"Shinya-san, this is inappropriate!" You hissed quietly.

He only winked at you. "Just give me my abundance of blessings soon, (Name). I'll get off you when I do."

"A beast will sweep you off your feet today," Yū read aloud. "What am I? A princess?"

"Is that really what the fortune says?" You repeated mockingly as you imitated his voice. The green-eyed boy only huffed.

"Guren, you're up!" Shinya clapped his hands.

The Lieutenant Colonel had the most bored look on his face, like he'd give anything just not to be part of this silliness. But, he cracked open his fortune cookie, anyway.

"People are naturally attracted to you," He snickered. "I already knew that."

The snowy-haired nuisance sitting on your lap rolled his eyes. "Yoichi-kun!"

"H-Hai!" The brunette fumbled with his cookie, dropping it once, before reading his fortune aloud. "You will travel to exotic places."