contagious | guren

Evening had fallen and you were quietly making preparations for bed. You already tucked yourself under your cozy sheets, and immediately began drifting off to sleep, trying your best to ignore the itching sensations that exploded everywhere in your body. You were holding out pretty well, until Guren decided to break your concentration.

"What in the world have you gotten yourself into now?" asked Guren, as a long sigh dragged from his lips. He pulled out the seat from your desk and proceeded to sit by your bed.

You poked your head from the crisp white sheets you've been hiding under. Your face was dotted with blisters. "How was I supposed to know that I'd get chicken pox when I went to visit Yū-chan?"

Guren stared at you incredulously. "Are you mad? Yū's got chicken pox and the sickness is very contagious. And since you went into his room without any means of protection, here you are, quarantined in your own room."

You only let out a whine, which came out as a strangled noise because of the excruciating pain in your throat.

"Are you going to take care of me?" You managed to croak out.

"No, because you're contagious."

"Ehh? Come on, Guren. I'm your girlfriend. Don't you looove me?"

"I will only love you when you're disease-free."

Suddenly, you sat upright and glared at him. Guren couldn't simply hold in his laughter as his violet eyes gazed at the red spots and blisters scattered all over your body. He couldn't believe his right-hand woman and lover would be stupid enough to go visit someone who was isolated from everyone for a reason, only to catch his sickness in the process.

"Fine, I'll take care of you. I've caught chickenpox when I was younger anyway. So, I'm practically immune to that sickness."

"That's not a hundred percent viable, you know."

"Trust me, I'm a Lieutenant Colonel," he says before striding off to the door.

"What the heck does that have to do with anything? And where are you going?"

"I'm going to grab a futon. I'll be sleeping here, too," he said before closing the door to your room behind him.

With a sigh, you lied back down and proceeded to slumber once more.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

"(Name), I can hear you scratching your blisters."

"I-I can't help it! They're so damn itchy," you whined as you continued scratching your limbs furiously, but then you accidentally nicked one of the blisters too hard, causing you to yelp and writhe in pure agony.

Guren let out an exasperated groan and stood up from his futon to sit beside you on your bed. Your back faced him, but you felt the mattress dip under his weight.

"Show me your nails," your raven-haired lover demanded with authority.

Hesitantly, you showed Guren your nails, and he was rather horrified. "No wonder you're always in pain whenever you scratch. Your nails are so long! Is this for the satisfaction of your aesthetics, (Name)?"

You avoided his piercing gaze. "Well, yeah. Long nails are pretty nails."

"Pretty things hurt," he said as he stood up to grab the nail cutter on the bedside table.

"Do I hurt you?" you joked.

Guren gently grabbed your right hand, making sure not to brush his hand on one of your blisters, and began trimming your unruly nails. "You're the only agony I'm willing to endure, (Name)," he says with a tone so serious, it made a dust of redness creep upon your cheeks.

When he was done, you didn't whimper in pain anymore when you scratched the itch away in your slumber.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

"Shinya," you greeted as you closed the door to his office behind you.

The Hīragi was in the middle of doing paperwork, and there was a rather large pile on top of his desk. Shinya looked disheveled, and the shadows under his eyes suggested that he hadn't had any wink of sleep last night. "What is it that I can do for you, (Name)-chan?" Shinya asked, as he tried stifling a yawn.

"Have you seen Guren? I haven't seen him for about three days now," you explained as you pouted for added effect. "I've only been able to look around now because I'm finally cured from those blasted chickenpox, thanks to Guren for taking care of me for two weeks. Oh, and the anti-itch medicine he keeps giving me."

Shinya raised an eyebrow. "Didn't anyone tell you? Guren's got the pox, too. He must've caught it from you, (Name)-chan. He's always been by your side 24/7 ever since you got sick."

You froze. "What? But he said he already got it a long time ago and that he was immune!"

The blue-eyed man chuckled. "Guren is a bullshit person that only speaks bullshit. He's in his room, but I suggest that you don't go there for a while because you might still be vulnerable. But enough chit-chat, (Name)-chan. I enjoy your company but, as you can see, I have a shitload of work to do. Now, shoo!"

You laughed and said a quick thanks before exiting his office. As you strode the hallways of headquarters, you thought about Guren with blisters and scabs across his skin, and snickered at the thought.

Once you were in front of his room, a biohazard sign was sticked to the wood. The same sign was posted on your own bedroom door when you were sick, yourself. Your hand ghosted over the metal door knob, but then you heard Shinya's words echo in your head.

Sickness be damned, you wanted to see your lover who'd taken care of you for two weeks. Now, it's probably time to return the favor.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

So theres actually an backstory for this oneshot. i got chickenpox yesterday and i've got about two weeks off from school and aaahahahhhhhh it's so boring at home. and hey why not channel your frustration through a oneshot that describes your situation perfectly? and i noticed that it's been a while since i made a oneshot for guren so here you have some fluffy fluff!