Chapter 15

The annual Gotham fundraiser held at some rich guys mansion was held tonight on a Friday. The joker seemed pretty interested in going, or as he put it; crashing it. How the heck was he going to pull that off?
"You see Harley..." He said to me. "When Gotham has a celebration, it has to have either the best of the best or the worst of the worst." I was still confused as to what he was trying to say. "The people who run this 'fundraiser' are no better than the common criminal, we're merely saving the city's councilmen a little embarrassment." He turned to face me and smiled.
"How are we gonna do that?" How does one 'crash a party' and most importantly not get caught and put in jail?
"That's where you come in my dear." He then held up a royal blue cardboard box. I took it from him and opened it. Inside was a gorgeous black evening dress that was long and had a v-neck lined with silver as well as around the waist. The shoes that came with it were black Stilettos. I was speechless, how could a guy like the joker get something as fancy and expensive as this?
"I-I don't know what to say...why...HOW did you get this?"
"Let's just say, penguin owes me." He laughed and walked away, gesturing for me to hurry up and try it on.
"Oh, and Harley. It's a masquerade themed party so dress accordingly." He continued to laugh as he left the room.

I hadn't showed the joker what I looked like in the dress and he didn't even ask. It was 5 hours till the party. Joker had briefly told me the plan. I was to go to the party under the name of Selina West and place three little bombs to certain corners of the mansion. There will be a large white tarp used for a slideshow that will be played towards the end of the fundraiser at around midnight, joker had given me some red spray paint to do what ever I wished with. He also informed me to bring my costume or wear it partially on underneath since the dress was long enough. I pulled on my costume halfway because the v-neck of the dress was so low and put the dress on over top. I then put on some makeup that was normal and not clown themed. I pinned my hair back with two silver bobby pins that I had kept in my hair while working at Arkham and wrapped my hair in a loose, elegant bun. Then I put on my black mask and packed my spray paint, three small bombs that stick into the wall, and makeup in a satchel that I found in the jokers closet. As I left the jokers room and descended the stairs a large gun was shoved in my face.
"Like it? It's an Semiautomatic rifle, you'll be using it after the bombs go off and we get in." Nick said.
"How am I supposed to sneak THIS into the party, its enormous and will never fit in my satchel." I was pretty nervous but knew I had to pull this off.
"I'll be in there with ya, I've got to wear a stupid tux."
I giggled, this was kinda excitin'.
"I'll bring the gun in and leave it behind the tarp." I felt a lot better knowing that the whole plan wasn't all weighed on my shoulders, but behind my mask I would have to be another person, daring and maybe a little bit insane.