Chapter 18

Bruce Wayne's POV:
I should've known a woman like that would have a boyfriend. I hope he didn't see us conversing, maybe he got jealous. I would hate to think that I got her in trouble, hopefully they're not in an abusive or bad relationship. Just then the lights dimmed, the slideshow was about to start. Everyone turned to face the tarp where it would be shown. The light of the projector lit up the tarp and everyone gasped and screamed as big, dripping red letters spelling out "HARLEY QUINN" appeared. Just then a shadow walked across the stage, slowly. It was the silhouette of a girl, her hair was long and she was either naked or wearing a skin tight suit of some kind. She then stopped as she reached the center of the tarp where two white sheets that were taped together to make the tarp the size it was. Everyone around me was in horror. Some tried to flee but a large man with a shot gun stood at the main exit, the other exits were blocked by other large men with shotguns. We were all trapped. I ran to one of my secret entrances leading to the bat-cave and quickly put on my costume. I then ran back up to the party and hid behind one of the pillars near the back of the room where the criminals were. No one seemed to notice me because they were all focused on the woman behind the tarp. She was holding something in one of her hands and all of the sudden she ripped through the tarp. She was holding a rifle!
"Ladies and gentlemen, you are about to witness something never before seen! Or should I say SOMEONE. He's traveled all the way from Arkham to be here but before he gets here, let's hear what my lovely audience has to say." She shot her rifle in the air a couple of times, causing screams and gasps. She wore a skin tight black and red suit and had long black hair, white skin, and wore a black mask. She was working for someone who had somehow gotten out of Arkham Asylum and was now coming here. I only knew so many villains. The one I most recently had to deal with that was a huge threat to everyone in this city including himself was the joker. But who knew who she was talking about, hundreds of villains come in and out of Arkham every day.
"Let's see now. You all are such an unhappy audience, no one seems to be enjoying themselves. I know what that feels like. All sad and mopey, so I'll do you all a favor and give an example of someone who might be causing all of this sadness." She then pointed her gun toward judge Castillo, he looks as frightened as ever.
"You'll be my volunteer won't you?" She asked him. He shakily walked on the stage to join her and she had him kneel on the ground.
"Let me ask you somethin'. I know you've done something in your life to someone else, causing their lives to be ruined...well, forever. Can you please explain to me what it was that you did?" She held her rifle to his head and waited for him to give his response.
"I-I've hurt the ones I love by l-lying and gambling." The judge shakily responded.
"What else?"
"I, well...one of the lawyers who entered my courtroom lost his case and ended up...killing himself."
"And do you know why?"
"I-I may have influenced and scared him a little bit, I wasn't really th-thinking strait. I accused him of many different things that weren't all true."
Just then the woman shot him. His body fell over into the crowd. Screams were heard and some passed out.
"Ya see, people like him don't make the world a happy, funnier place. They make it a sad place, a-." Just then three walks blew up and ropes flew down. The sound of a helicopter could be heard and men with guns slid down the ropes and so did the joker. I rushed out from my hiding spot and rushed onto the stage tackling the woman who killed the judge. She kicked me off and pointed her gun at me.
"Now Harley, there's no need for that." The joker walked up on the stage and the woman named Harley lowered her gun.
"Ah bats! How long has it been, eleven? Twelve months?"
"What do you want joker?" I asked, growing angry.
"What do I want? Hehaha!What kind of a question is that? I didn't want to come here, I chose to. And judging by the looks of this place it looks like Harley's done all of the work for me!"
"Who is Harley?"
"Oh, how rude of me! I'm Harley Quinn! Joker's new right hand man." Harley held out her hand for me to shake. I just glared.
"How rude!" She glared right back.
"Great, you've got yourself a new hench-girl, what is she your girlfriend?" I asked mockingly.
"Girlfriend? Ha! Hahaha! You know you seriously should consider becoming a comedian batman, your just too funny!"
"Get out."
"What? But bats! We just got here and it's not polite to decline guests when you know that they're on the guest list."
"Funny, I didn't see 'homicidal psychopath' written on the list anywhere."
"Don't try to be smart B-man, the whole buildings surrounded so if ya want your little party guests to keep they're party favors intact, you better listen to Mr. J." Harley pointed her gun towards the crowd.
"Mr. J? That's a new one, like it bats? Does it suit me?" The joker laughed. This was going to be an exhausting night.