The 'Private' Room

Hiya!

sorry I've taken soooooooo long to update...

IMPORTANT! - I'm changing the blurb or whatever you want to call it...

Sorry again!

**********

That night when I went to bed I dreamt of Steve, stood in Maisy's room. His filthy hands getting closer to her....that's when I woke up. I didn't sleep for the rest of that night, I wanted to make sure Steve didn't go anywhere near mum or Maisy's room. How was I meant to trust him after what I saw in his bedroom? Speaking of that, I never did read what it said below the photo's.

That morning Steve left just after breakfast to see what the 'burglar' had taken, I was dreading being left alone with mum. I knew I was in deep trouble. More trouble then when me and Maisy skipped school in the afternoon... and I didn't think that was possible.

As soon as Steve had left and mum had shut the door she started shouting at me and I mean properly shouting. For the next five minutes she shouted and I went into a daydream until she finally shouted "JAMIE!" and I realised she must have asked me a question...oops. Then I got what she said, it took me a while but I remembered! She'd asked me what I'd been doing at his house so I told her that I was walking to the shop when I overheard him on the phone talking about us and how he hates me and he said mum was gullible. Then I told her the boring details about going into the shop then went back to what I was doing at his house afterwards. I told her that I tripped over and that I was looking for a light on in the house to see if my leg was bleeding, when I stumbled across his bedroom window and saw his bedroom wall covered in pictures of Maisy. So like anyone else I decided to check it out. I got closer and leaned on the open window to make sure I was actually seeing Maisy when I saw some writing at the bottom of the photos. So I tried to get closer so that I could read what it said but I must have leaned a bit too far and the alarms went off. 

Well ok, so I lied a tiny bit.... She never found out.

As you probably guessed mum didn't believe me, she still doesn't! Not that we ever talk about Steve or Maisy anymore... After I'd told her about what I was doing at Steve's house she rushed over to see him, to make sure he was ok and to see if I was lying or not. Five minutes after she'd been there I had a phone call from her telling me to get my ass over there. Her words not mine. I jogged over there to see what was wrong with her, she sounded angry again so I guessed that something had happened at Steve's. When I turned up I knocked at the door and before I'd even finished knocking mum was at the door. She grabbed me by the t-shirt and dragged me round the back of the garden and started yelling at me.

Again.

After she'd finished yelling she dragged me into Steve's bedroom and showed me the clean walls.. no photos whatsoever. None! How had he managed to clear it all up in that short space of time? When mum and Steve walked out the room to go to the kitchen I quickly searched the room but I found nothing, nothing whatsoever. But when I took a closer look to the wall I saw holes where pins had been, and marks from where the blue-tack had been. I knew I hadn't been imagining it! He must have hid the pictures somewhere in that house, I just had to find them. Surely the most obvious place was the attic... that's where people hide things in movies.... I think.

Mum and Steve went through every room checking what the 'burglar' stole, that gave me a good chance to find out where Steve hid the pictures. When they went into the kitchen I would check the bathroom, when they went to the bathroom I would check the office. I found nothing. Zilch. But I noticed that Steve was avoiding the attic and a room next to his bedroom. I hadn't noticed the room until that day, it was weird that he didn't once go in there. I asked Steve if we could check the attic and the other bedroom but he just "Ok, we can check the attic, but I'll check the room. It's private." I was just about to ask why but mum sent me a death glare... it was bad enough she knew it was me that set the alarms off let alone knowing the real reason I was there. I seemed to get more and more death glares when Steve was around.

Steve, Steve, Steve.

In the end we did go up to the attic but I didn't find anything. The films had taught me wrong! But I did have my suspicions about that room. There had to be a way into the room without the alarms going off but without being spotted.. there had to be a way. Then I had a light-bulb moment! Later on I was going to sneak into Steve's house through the window again but this time Steve would be inside the house...somewhere. If he wasn't in the house when I got in then the alarms would go off. Again.

This plan had to work!

My plans seemed to work in the past...Usually..