Chapter 1

They finally let us out of the safe zone. This means the war is over and they let us out a 2 months after it ended. People are dead, everywhere. Small houses are being rebuilt for families. I look around to try and find my best friend Rally who was the only family I have left. Then I see him apparently looking for me, because he is searching frantically and calling, "Lilith! Lilith!" Which is me. I start dashing toward him "Rally! I'm here!"

The expression on his face was priceless and also a hint of fear. We join into a tight hug. I look into his light blue eyes that have been surgically changed. He looks like he going to say something when a Rebel soldier grabs our arms and leads us to one of the small houses. The soldier opens the door and shoves the two of us into the house. It contains half of a kitchen, four beds built into the wall, a television, and a few boxes for personal things. There is an area for cold food. I open it and find barely anything but a few crackers and a fried bird or two. Things will be all different from the ways we are use to in the Capitol. No more fancy drinks that make you throw up so you can eat more and more of the delicious, fantastic, unique foods which will never be offered again. No more wigs or spa treatments. "wow" I say, "this is, different than I expected."

"Yeah I thought we would go back to our normal life but..." Rally says. Actually to I thought the same way. I nod slightly being distracted by a noise. I turn around looking for something to explode, so I crouch down covering my head with my hands. Rally taps my head and I look up. The noise is not a bomb, the television automatically turns on. I give Rally a confused look and I get the same look in return.

The Rebel symbol, A mocking jay with its wings spread wide inside a flaming circle, pops up and The new President Paylor appears on the screen. She was the previous mayor of district 8. I remember watching the Propo that the rebels made with Katniss Everdeen in 8. The Capitol hovercrafts came and bombed the hospital filled with innocent people.

"Hello I am President Paylor. I have a message from the previous President of 13, President Coin, who was killed by Katniss Everdeen and rescued us from torcher of Coin. The remaining Victors, Katniss Everdeen, Peeta Mellark, Annie Cresta, Johanna Mason, Haymitch Abernathy, Beetee Latier, and Enobaria, have somewhat agreed to have one final Hunger Games."

What? Wasn't the whole reason for the rebellion was to end the Hunger Games? If not, someone should probably tell everyone, still alive, the other reason. I look at Rally who looks white as a sheet of paper. Too confused to speak, we make our way back to the television.

"But." Paylor gives a long pause for effect. This could either be dangerous or really good. I have a feeling that it is dangerous. "These Games are different. The Tributes are to be reaped of the children of the people with the most power in the Capitol. The tributes are the following." The screen turns to a black screen then it starts to name people.

The chances of them showing my name are slim but still there. I am Caesar Flickerman's niece. Rally has any chance there is, he is Seneca Crane's grandson. The first name shows and is not surprising, it is President Snow's granddaughter, Celestia Snow. I almost feel bad for her, she is only seventeen. Then they show a picture of her. Her dark brown hair braided down her back with smooth skin. She is in a pure white dress and pure white shiny shoes. She looks so innocent and I can't help but feel sorry for her.

The next few people, I only remember their names. I have never heard of them or who they are related to. Luka Sparkswheather, Donna Jedieman, and Pint Bertgunlong. I never understand why parents name their children strangely and why they have long last names. Then it pop up on the black screen in bold white print. Lilith Flickerman. My picture shows. I stand up and start to walk out but then Rally grabs my hand. "Wait, it's ok. Come on." I bury my face in his chest and cry until my picture goes away and the next name pops up. Wilma Templesmith. I don't know the rest of the names until the very last name. Good thing it is the last one because I am ready to scream and walk out. Slamming the door hard as the television turns off leaving an invisible mark of the name Rally Crane.