3

Each group is taken to a different part of the underground district 13.

I remember watching television when I was younger with my mother and they were showing a historical program about district 13. I sat on a stool in front of the sofa where my mother was sitting and she was braiding my hair so that it would form a heart.

On the television it showed a rather big shinny district when four or five hovercrafts appeared in the air with the Capitol sign on them. Then a lady with orange hair with a microphone appeared telling us that the Capitol had to destroy district 13. She stood in front of the broken down justice building and she signed off. I remember seeing a little bird fly by. Years later I see the bird again and realize that it was a mockingjay.

Now that I see the district for my own eyes, I am stunned. I mean I knew that people lived there but I didn't realize that there was a whole underground organization.

We are taken far up and over and around until we reach a room with a group of beds a television and a kitchen. There is one room with the only stylists left and a room.

"Hello I'm sure you know me" Katniss says. "But if you don't I'm Katniss Everdeen or now Mellark. The stylists will start with you four and move to the different groups. So when I call your name you can go see them."

The three stepped out. "I am Octavia" she was a chubby lady with olive skin.

"I'm Flavius" his orange curly hair and purple lipstick stood out.

"And I'm Venia" she was very skinny and had blue hair with really long eyelashes.

We all look at Katniss as she calls Celestia first to be preped. An hour passed then she called Zambi, another hour then Steven, another hour and finally me. When each of them came out they were all clean and looked like new. I silently walked in and laid down on a long wooden table.

Finally after an hour of waxing any hair on my body other than my head of hair, scrubbing dead skin off, painting a clear coat on my nails and shaping them, putting a thin layer of make up on, and straightening my purple hair, I stepped out feeling new