8

We are standing in a small room with a table and chairs and a window. I walk around the room examining it closely.

"Here look" he says and points at the window. I walk over to it and look out. There is a field of fresh grass with a large oak tree. I imagine it during each season. Winter with no leaves and snow on its branches, spring with blossoms and leaves starting to form flowers, summer with leaves as green as the grass, and fall with red and orange and yellow leaves falling over the field.

He lays his hand on my waist. My skin starts to tingle and I must tell myself that he will die and so will I.
"That tree will live longer than us isn't that weird?" He asks

"Yeah, I imagine it in the seasons how pretty it is"

"Yeah like you!" He says. I spin around looking at him.

"Ha ha ha me, pretty? That's funny!"

"No seriously I have never seen anyone so beautiful as you."

"Oh please my hair is awful, I'm short, I've got no butt, and I have an ugly face!"

"Nah you're cute."

"Ugh you are bli..."

He puts both hands on my waist and pulls me in. His lips are full and warm. That warmth fills my cold body from head to toe. I put my hands through his hair and accept the kiss.
--------------------------
I go back to the room and change into the night gown. I lay in bed for hours thinking about the next two days. Morning comes and we have our interview trainings. Then it's time for our meeting with the game makers. I watch as they call Capple, Zambi, Celestia, and Rally. Finally I hear "Lilith Flickerman".

I enter the training room and Plutarch and the Victors are standing in a concealed balcony. I head towards the bow and arrows but then I switch and go to the knifes. I pick one up and throw it across the room at dummies hitting them perfectly. And do some cool tricks with them, and then I'm done.

That night at dinner we watch on a screen our scores. Zambi got a 10. Celestia got a 5 surprisingly. Rally got a 7 and then I get an 8. Those are the only ones I really notice.

Interviews are after dinner. I go back in that room we did in the beginning and Effie and Flavius are in there.

"Here is the dress we have made for you." Effie says in a high Capitol voice. I put it on. A knee length, purple dress, the color of my hair, that is tight at the top until it gets to my waist then flows out and has no sleeves.
I turn around and sit in a chair where Flavius stands.

"I am going to do your hair." He says also in a high Capitol voice.

He turns me away from the mirror. I hear snipping and vibrating and feel a tug and a brush and a poke.

"Now I'll do your makeup"

Concealer and blush, eyeshadow, eyeliner, mascara and lipgloss.

Finally he turns me back around. My hair which use to be purple and down past my waist is now brown to blonde ombré at the middle of my back and has a side French braid only on the top part of my hair. My lips are shiny and full. My eyelashes are long and make my blue eye pop out. Zambi was right, I guess I am pretty. A pair of purple high heels with toe holes in them sit for me to put on making me as tall as Rally.