18

"Nine," Said Capple, Only 9 tributes left. Pint, Creak, Capple, Zambi, Rally, me, and Celestia included. I am not sure who the other two are but they count to make nine tributes. They all gather around me and the fire. I know what they were thinking.

"Wait until those two," I say being interrupted by Capple.

"Wilma and Steven"

"Wait until they die before we split up." I continue and just as I say that Boom.

"I think we need to now! I can't kill you!" Celestia says.

"Yeah but they want to kill you!" I remind her.

"Wait for another to go then we part." Rally says as we all nod. They walk away except for Zambi and Celestia.

"You know what," she says

"What?" I ask

"I want you to win Lilith." She whispered in my ear and gets up and sits with Rally. I watch them. He kisses her temple and she shivers. He kindly takes off his jacket and wrapped it around the both of them. A warm hand touches mine. I look at Zambi.

"I just wanted to let you know, I love you."

The majestic words that I was afraid he would say making me want to melt inside. But I can't love him. If I love him he will die and even if I win I could never live with myself. I kiss him. This would be the last time I could get a chance to fall under the spell of his warm lips and sparkling eyes. From now on, Zambi, is not my boyfriend, not my friend but simply a handsome tribute that will soon turn to a vicious, killing tribute, and will most likely, die.

We break the kiss and I roll over on my side with the image burning on the back of my eye lids of his face. His face, sad accepting what I had just told him without even saying a word.

---------------------------------

My leg once again pierced with pain. I scream waking everyone up.

"WHAT WHAT!" Rally yells.

"My-m-my l-le-leg I c-can't" then another scream.

"It was doing fine!" Celestia says.

Ding. Ding. Ding. The small ping of Heaven.
"Shh!" I say. It's true, a parachute! Rally runs outside to grab it. I scream. He opens it and pulls out the note;

'I know how it feels, I was there too, with my leg injured. Try this.

-Peeta" '
He pulls out a shot. I remember when Peeta was cut and Katniss used the sugary syrup to make him fall asleep so she could something like this. She shot it into Peeta at the last second before she passed out.

"Inject it in me, QUICK!" I scream again and cry as the pain of the skin on my thigh was poked with the needle. Then relief. I sigh and relax.

"Woah that was powerful stuff!" He said.

"I know." I nod wiping tears from my eyes. I try to stand up and I feel stable so I walk around. Finally it's okay!

"Let's move." Capple says.