19

We step outside and head north, so we think. We stop by the stream again and quickly grab a refill in our canteens. I stare at my reflection in the lake, smiling. My mother use to say I had the biggest smile on the face of the earth. Zip, Thog, Boom. I whip around spying Pint with knives and Creak with a bow. Capple was laying face down in the grass with an arrow in her back.

"Well well well, Lilith! Surprised to see you here! And come on Creak you can do better than that, you missed!" He said

"Run!" I say quickly. We dash through the forest dodging arrows and boulders from crumbling structures. Then we come to a clearing and a good place to fight. I raise my axe and wait.

It is Pint and Creak against the four of us and we are at a standstill waiting for someone to act. Creak makes the first move. He releases the arrow he had quickly placed in the quiver, nicking me on my left temple. I swing my axe but he blocks me with his bow and trips me while he pulls another arrow.

Before I can even get up he let go. Ringing in my ear comes even though there is no reason. The whole arena seemed to change to slow motion as I watch Rally take the arrow right in the gut, blocking it's way to Celestia.

"No" I scream but not sure if I had really said it. I drag myself over to him and reality hits me full forward.

"Rally? Rally! Stay with me! No! Come on get up! Get up!" Celestia says sobbing.

"Li-Lilith," he reaches his hand out.

"Y-yes?" I take his shaking hand

" y-you have t-t-to w-w,"

Boom. The world stops just like my heart. I have to win. The world starts. I let go of his hand.  Out of the corner of my eye I spot Steven coming to join in on the fight. Pint motions him to join him and get Celestia.

"Celestia GO, hide I'll come find you!"

"No you need my help! I am not helpless!" She pulls out a dagger and fights.

Screaming, I charge toward Creak swinging my axe. He fires an arrow but I completely backflip over it and continue at him. Boom. I had killed Creak. Everyone stopped to stare at the huge slice in his neck where my axe was. I slam my axe into the grass wiping the blood off of it waiting for fresh blood. But Zambi grabbed my arm pulling me away from the scene which was no longer there. Pint and Steven were heading into the forest like scared cats. Fast as the wind. I try and break free of his grip but it gets stronger.

" let me GO!" I yell

"Lilith! Celestia!" He says. I stop struggling.

"What?!?!" Then he races me over to her with a knife in her chest. It was not the side with her heart and if we had the right materials and tools we could save her.

"Celestia? Can you hear me?" I ask.

"Listen. I h-had to-old my grandf-father I had h-hope-d t-tha-at I would f-find love like" she coughed. "Like K-Katniss a-and P-P-Peeta-a. I d-did-d."

"What did she say?" Zambi asked.

"Shh!"

"Lilith y-you are like I -I thought, y-ou are a s-strong one."

Boom.