o n e

"Ryan?" A low voice came from the door of Ryan's bedroom. He buried himself deeper into his bedsheets and tried to ignore Kyle. But Kyle wasn't one to go without talking. "Are you still mad at me?"

Of course i'm still mad at you!

Ryan angrily huffed in his head. Just thinking about what his older brother done to him, made his heart ache like mad. He couldn't believe that Kyle would break his trust within seconds. Ryan looked up to Kyle, but that was long gone now.

"Look, Ryan. I'm really sorry." Kyle tried again, for the thousandth time. Ryan could hear that he was sincere, but he wasn't going to forgive him that easily. "I wish you could forgive me."

"I don't think i can." Ryan's voice cracked, as he muffled his reply. "What you done was pretty unforgivable." There was a tingling sensation in Ryan's eyes which meant he was about to cry.

"You can't stay mad at me forever." He could hear Kyle shrug. "It's been two months since that happened."

Something inside Ryan snapped. "YOU KNOW WHAT KYLE?!" He roared, as he threw his bedsheet aside and sat up on the bed to look at his brother . "IT'S UNFAIR THAT MY GIRLFRIEND CHEATED ON ME FOR YOU, BUT YOU'RE STILL TOGETHER WITH YOUR GIRLFRIEND!"

Kyle opened his mouth to say something, but quickly shut it again. He was too speechless.

"So stop rubbing it in my face, Kyle." Ryan mumbled, and he slowly grabbed the bedsheets to hide under it again. He wished that he could just stay there forever, and wake up from this horrible dream. He heard some shuffling and finally the sound of the door shutting.

Ryan moved his position, so that he could look up at the ceiling. His mind rushed in all different directions, firing a million questions all at once. Everything didn't matter anymore. But the only thing that mattered to him was that it had been two months since Tarryn left.

**Flashback**

It was at a family dinner, and Ryan had taken Tarynn along, since his parents adored her. They ate at a restaurant downtown, and it was an amazing night. At the dinner table, jokes were cracked and laughter rang through the air. You wouldn't have thought that two people on the table were hiding a dirty secret.

Kyle talked about the success he had at his current job, being a doctor. His mother and father droned on and on about how Ryan should be more like Kyle. Everyone at the table was impressed, but Ryan couldn't care less. But, Ryan noticed the one who was most interested and impressed was Tarryn. He noticed that her eyes sparkled a lot brighter than they should, and her smile was wider.

Ryan tried to ignore the suspicions he was setting on Tarynn, and decided to enjoy his ice cream. Kyle got up to pay for the meal, and Tarynn eyes quickly shot up. She straightened her floral skirt before excusing herself to go the toilet . His parents politely smiled at her. Something in Ryan's gut told him that she was not going to the toilet.

As his parents busily chatted to each other, he silently slipped out of his seat to follow where Tarynn was heading. Ryan was right. It was not the toilet she was heading to, but the back door of the restaurant.

Why would she want to go there?

He slowly creaked open the door, and wished that he never got an answer from his question. There, stood Taryn wrapping her arms around Kyle's neck, tiptoeing. Ryan felt like he couldn't breathe, or see anything properly. Everything around him was a blur.

Please don't Tarynn.

He desperately begged her in his head. Unfortunately, Tarynn continued to tiptoe until she got to Kyle's lips. Ryan's heart felt like it had been smashed with a sledgehammer. It hurt that Kyle didn't break away from the kiss, and it hurt even more that Tarynn was doing this to him.

"I know you liked it." Tarynn smirked, as she broke away from the kiss.

Kyle turned his head away from her. Tarynn tilted Kyle's head to face her again. "Look Tarynn-"

She cut him off before he could finish. "Kyle, i really like you."

"We will can't do this to Ryan." Kyle shook his head. "I have a girlfriend.."

"Then this will be a little secret between us." Tarynn winked and gently straightened the collar of Kyle's shirt, before pulling him in for Tarynn another kiss.

Ryan let out a scoff. Tarynn didn't hear, but Kyle opened his eyes. His eyes widened as he saw Ryan. He broke away suddenly from Tarynn, and tried to run after Ryan.

"Ryan!" He yelled, not caring about the people in the restaurant staring. "It's not what it seems!"

"Not what it seems?!" Ryan yelled back. "Oh, i think it is what it seems."

"Ryan, please." Kyle begged.

Ryan sped walked past the table where his parents were sitting, and bolted out of the front door of the restaurant, leaving the girl he loved, the brother who betrayed him and the parents who always thought that Kyle was always better than he was, behind at the place he would never want to visit again. He didn't know where to go, and the last place he wanted to be was near Kyle or Tarynn.

~

n/ the first chapters will be the lives of Arden and Ryan before they meet :)