f i f t e e n

n/ pretty sure 90% of my readers are gone ahahahah .. but enjoy! :)

Sean buttoned the two remaining buttons on his thick, black coat, pulling his hoodie up to his head as he helped unpack the frozen vegetables out of the truck and into the back of the new downtown restaurant he had applied at for a part time job. Fog escaped his mouth as he exhaled. The sky was grey, and the naked eye could barely see 30 centimetres past the thick mist clogging the air.

"Here are the last boxes kiddo." A balding man with a scruffy face handed him a light load of boxes.

"Thanks." Sean waved at the man as he drove off in his delivery truck. When the truck disappeared into the heavy cloud of fog, Sean opened the back door of the restaurant with his leg. He shook off his hoodie and unloaded the vegetables in the cold storage room. He heard a shuffling noise behind him, and Sean whipped around to see the head chef smiling at him widely.

"Hey! You're the new employee here ey?" He clucked his tongue, and walked over to Sean, slinging his arm over his shoulder. Sean gave him an awkward grin and nodded his head. "What's your name young one?"

"Sean. Sean Fujiyoshi, sir." He looked up at the chef.

"I like ya name, kiddo. Keep up the good work." He patted Sean on the back, and walked out of the cold storage room, making his way back onto the kitchen to yell out the new orders.

The instant Sean walked out of the cold storage, Emily, an employee who worked with him came jogging up to him in a hurry. Her long brunette hair swished along with her, dark circles under her eyes made her look like a panda.

"Hi Emily, why are you in such a rush?" Sean questioned, looking up at her up and down as she breathed in and out heavily, struggling to untie her black and white personally embroidered apron.

"I have to run an errand," Emily panted, trying to catch her breath. "Hey, would you mind doing me a favour?"

"Not at all." Sean replied, taking her apron.

"Oh thank god, I couldn't find anyone. Could you bus some tables for an hour or so?"

"No problem, leave it all to me!" Sean gave Emily a grin, taking off his coat to replace with a small, black half apron.

"Thank you so much!" Emily ran out the back door, sending in a gust of frosty from outside brush past him.

As he entered the kitchen, Luke approached him. "Hey! Could you take the customer waiting at the counter to the table?" He pointed to a girl with long, jet black hair, whose back was turned away from them.

"Sure!"

"Thanks. It's really busy tonight, so we have to move pretty quickly." Luke walked away and gave more of the chefs and waitresses more orders.

Sean grabbed a notebook and pen, and made his way out of the kitchen and weaved through the maze of tables to the front counter of the restaurant. "Hello, ma'am. Do you have a reservation?"

The girl turned around to face him, and his blood suddenly turned cold. She was the same as ever - those big brown innocent eyes, curled lips that slightly gave a sly smile, and the presence that gave the wrong impression.  "Tarynn?"

"Sean." She replied bluntly.

Sean snapped back to reality and tried to push back his mixed emotions. He couldn't lose it now, or he would lose his job. Instead, he took a deep breath in and forced a smile. "So was that a reservation? or are you just by yourself today?" He asked the last question harshly, throwing shade towards Tarynn.

"I'm just by myself today." She replied in the same tone, but was now distracted. Sean grabbed a menu from behind the counter and lead her to a two person table close to the area of family tables.

"Here you go, i will be back shortly to take your order." Sean pursed his lips as Tarynn sat down and looked up at him with cold eyes. He stuffed the notebook and pen into the front pocket of the tiny apron and rushed to the toilets. Sean burst through the doors, and quickly leaned on the sink to avoid collapsing. Everything about her brought so many memories, it hurt. Good ones and bad ones. But all he could remember at the moment were the bad ones.

He tried to take deep calming breaths to stabilise his emotions, and keeping his tears in. Splashing cold water on his face, he glanced at himself in the mirror and told himself to pull it together. He grabbed a piece of toilet paper and wipesd his fce dry. Standing tall, and keeping his chin up he exited the toilets.

As he got out to get Tarynn's order, something caught his eye. It was Ryan and his parents entering the restaurant. Sean's eyes widened as his eyes followed where they were heading and Sean glanced to where Tarynn was sitting. They were only a few meters away from each other, but if Ryan saw, he knew he would not be able to handle it.

Sean rushed back to Tarynn's tiny table and stood directly in front of her so she wouldn't be able to see Ryan. "Before you order, i think i would have to move you to another table."

"Why?"

Sean racked his brain for a reasonable answer. "Uh, because this is near he family area, and you know, kids are loud so this position is not a pleasant place to be seated in."

"I'm fine. Now can i please order?" Tarynn whined impatiently.

"Could you at least seat on this side of the table?" Sean pulled out the chair, and prayed that she would move so that her back will be facing away from Ryan's table.

"Fine. If that's what it takes to get my order, geez." Tarynn picked up her bag, and got up to sit down. Sean was careful to carefully block her view away from Ryan. "You're still as strange as ever."

Sean ignored the jab of her comment. "What would you like tonight?"

"Just a garden salad and a glass of coke with ice please." She was now texting on her phone, and Sean couldn't help but see that she was texting Kyle. Tarynn noticed and turned her phone away.

"Uh, why are you all up on my business?" Tarynn asked coldly. Sean took another deep breath in and mumbled an insincere apology.

That little hoe.

*

n/ hello, it's me. I'm sorry i havent updated this since December! I've been busy, and i had some writers block on this story and im really stressed out. But i'm back at it again, and I promise you i will finish this story no matter what. Unless i die or something. I am reloaded with new ideas for this story and i already have the ending . heheheheheh. But don't worry! there's more chapters in this story, we are no where near the end yet. So be prepared for some tears, drama and cuteness of RyDen. If you are still here reading my fanfic, thank you for sticking with me, and thank you guys so so so much for helping me reach over 5k views!!! Also, thank you for leaving such nice comments, and again im sorry this update took so long and i left y'all with a cliffhanger.