t wo

Are you sure you can handle living by yourself in this apartment?" Arden's father scrunched up his eyebrows, so it looked like one whole furry caterpillar. "Do you want us to move in with you?"

Arden ripped the brown masking tape of the top of her last moving box, and wiped non-existent sweat of her forehead. "Dad, i'm 24, i can take care of myself." She looked over to her father reassuringly.

He paced the small, but cosy apartment, still unsure. "Well, if you need anything, your mother and i are only half an hour away." Arden nodded, taking the contents out of the moving box which contained her clothes.

"We still live in the same state, it's not like i'm living halfway across the world." She smiled at her father, who looked like he was about to tear up.

"I know, but i won't be seeing my baby girl everyday." He frowned, and Arden got up to hug him.

"Don't worry, your baby girl will still love you the same." She hugged him as tight as she could and they stood there for a good solid minute. Arden's father pulled away and faced Arden, rubbing her shoulders.

"Well, i better get back to your mother now." He kissed Arden on the forehead, and headed for the door. "Remember to call..." His voice cracked.

"Yes, dad." Arden rolled her eyes and gave him one more smile, and a flying kiss. When the door shut, the apartment suddenly felt lonely. She decided to sit down on the only piece of furniture that was laid out. The sofa squeaked when she placed her butt on the cushion. Arden looked around and saw that she had a lot of work to do, but she decided to text her boyfriend. He had gotten a new number, and she realised how distant they were slowly becoming.

*

To: ****-***-***
I just got to Vegas, babe!
Text me, so we can meet up?

*

Arden pressed the send button. She released the breath that she didn't even realise she was holding. Arden accepted the fact that he may be busy, because his job required him to be at work for most of the time. But she felt that he wasn't making an effort to squeeze in some time to talk to her. Ever since she got accepted in the modelling company that she applied for, she took this opportunity to move from L.A to Vegas. Her parents had come along as well, but they rented out an apartment for her. Arden couldn't take the long distance relationship, and she hoped that moving to Vegas fixed the problem.

~

n/ Short chapter sorry, It'll get better