t e n

Arden placed her shaking palms under her thighs, sitting on it hard so she could feel the pain. Her head throbbed badly, and tears threatened to escape her eyes. How could her parents do this to her? How could they marry her off to some guy she didn't even like? How could they marry her off to her boyfriend's brother? She swallowed the forming lump in her throat as she realised that her parents didn't even know that Kyle was her boyfriend. If she had told them earlier would things be different right now?

Arden looked over at Ryan, trying to even her breath. He sat frozen, staring blankly into the distance behind her. She felt kind of bad for him as well. He probably didn't want to be married off to his brother's girlfriend. The vibration of Arden 's phone didn't even make her move an inch. She knew who the text would be from, and she didn't want to deal with Kyle or tell Kyle about what had happened. The short vibrations turned into long ones, until Arden missed 7 calls from Kyle.

"..Arden." Someone shook her shoulder. She realised it was her mother, giving her looking a look of confusion. "Are you okay?" Arden could not believe her own mother was asking if she was okay.

Was it obvious that she was not okay with the fact of being forced to be married off to someone without a choice? She didn't know how to respond, not with the pressure of everyone's eyes were on her. Cold sweat began to build up, until she couldn't take the stares anymore. Arden stood up without saying a word, grabbing her coat and walking away.

She didn't know where she would go, she didn't know the place well. But, all she wanted to do was get away from the situation she was in at the moment. As she pushed the door open, the frosty air instantly punished her, but she continued to walk out. Arden walked on the sidewalk, aimlessly strolling without much thought in her head.

After a few minutes, she had become tired.

She broke into tears as she walked over to a dark alley, with little light. No one would find her there. She considered taking the bus home after she had a good long sob.

*

n/ sorry it's short :(
more updates tmr 💜