f o u r

Arden swirled around in her white, modern Cinderella-style wedding dress. Her best friend, Aileen squealed as she held onto Arden's hand, and she wore the dress that she had requested all bridesmaids to wear- a baby blue mermaid dress that had detailed lace flowers. Sunshine seeped through the coloured glass of the building they had hired to get ready in.

"I can't believe you're getting married." Aileen stood by Arden, admiring her wedding dress through the mirror. "It was like yesterday when i just first met you at kindergarten."

Arden giggled, and looked at Aileen in the mirror. "I'm glad you could be here with me on my special day."

The big wooden door suddenly burst open and Arden's mother walked in with a bouquet of Arden's favourite flowers. More of her friends, who were her bridesmaids for the day, walked up to say congratulations. She hugged them and created small talk. When they turned to leave, saying they would meet her at the chapel, Arden's mother and Aileen faced her and smiled. They both exchanged a look, before Arden's mother nodded at at Aileen.

"We got you something. It's from everyone." Aileen grinned and handed Arden a small , blue silk box. "Congrats, Ar."

Arden could feel her heart leaping out of her chest in happiness as she slowly opened the lid of the box. As she revealed the contents,her eyes started to well up with happy tears. They had gotten her an infinity necklace. When Arden was little, she asked her mother to get her one when she got married. It seemed so long ago.

"No, don't cry!" Aileen fanned Arden's face trying to force the tears back in. "You'll mess up that pretty face!" She joked.

"Thank you, Ai. Thank you mum." They all huddled in for a hug.

When they broke off from the hug, Arden's mother wiped her eyes. "We better get to the chapel, or the bride herself, will be late!" She chuckled.

As they got into the white limousine, adorned with flowers at the hood of the car, Arden gripped her dress and embraced her last moments before getting married. Everything was a blur, and soon she was next to her fiancé saying the vows.

After he stared Arden deep in the eyes, his lips curled into a smile. But it chilled her to the bone. That smile held something. A secret. That fact was transparent. But not transparent enough to show the secret it held. The words "I do" escaped his lips.

Arden felt paralysed at that moment. She glanced behind him. A girl stood close behind, yet Arden felt like the girl was a ghost. Her long, jet black hair cascaded past her shoulders, she had huge, sparkling eyes and she wore a similar dress to the bridesmaids, but in a baby pink colour.

"Arden." He smirked at her. "Everyone's waiting for your reply." He whisper-hissed.

Arden looked at the faces of her family and friends, and to his family and friends. She threw another glance to where the girl was, but she was gone.

"Arden." He urged. "Give an answer. NOW." He hissed again. Arden's blood turned cold, and sweat poured out of her palms. This relationship didn't feel right. Nothing felt right at the moment. Why was that? Was she not ready?

"I-..." She trailed off. Arden looked at him. His features had turned as hard as stone.
"I don't!"