Chapter Four - Threats

School's almost here again, but I do hope I can still update this story as fast as I did with Lohikäärme months ago—if you call that fast. Anyway, here's an update. And please, please, please, if you have any friends whom you can share these stories with, I'll be so thankful if you tell them about this story. ♥

~*~*~*~*

Chapter Four - Threats

          Slam! My body bolted upright at the sound of the door slamming open. With my enhanced hearing, it sounded a lot louder than it probably should've sounded.

          "Do you even know how to knock?"

          He snorted. "My castle, my rules, little rat." He placed a plate with bread and butter on the brown desk, bread crumbs spread around the slice of bread. 

          I folded my legs and wrapped my arms around them. "I don't want to eat. Feed her, instead."

          He cocks an evil grin. "I don't want to. And no matter what you do, you can't force me to do something I don't want to do."

          I glared at him, not letting him scare me. "And you can't force me to do something I don't want to, either!"

          He balled his hands into fists, his nails clawing on his leather coat. Perhaps he was trying to hide the fact that I was getting on his nerves. An internal smirk crept up on my mind. I was annoying him. Good.

          "Eat," he replied.

          "Argh!" I stomped my feet on the bed as I ruffled my hair violently. "I'm not eating unless you feed her!"

          "I won't feed her. I won't give her anything to eat, little rat, not even a single crumb of spoiled bread."

          And before I knew it, I was hitting his back with the plate. Its broken pieces crashed down the floor. But that wasn't enough. I pounded my fists on his back several times until they hurt, and I screamed and yelled, even if it hurt my ears.

          "Why're you so cruel?" I slammed my fist on his back again. Even if his leather coat seemed to be so thick, his back's coldness still made my fist feel cold. "Why did you pretend to help me? Why did you bring me here?"

          His hand wrapped around my neck, tightening by the second. His coldness choked me. My mouth opened on its own to gasp for air, while tears formed in my eyes from the pain he caused.

          I... I couldn't...breathe.

          I clawed on his hand with both hands and scratched it with my nails. I wanted to scream at him. I wanted to kick him where it hurt the most. But he was draining my strength. I couldn't hurt him when he was hurting me. His grip was getting tighter and tighter.

          Then I noticed that my feet weren't touching the floor anymore. My legs were kicking randomly, probably several inches away from him. I couldn't lower my gaze anymore. I couldn't do anything. Argh, I felt so helpless! No. I was done being a helpless girl, who couldn't even defend herself.

          "No..." I breathed between gasps.

          I fought to keep my eyes open, but I was too weak to keep them from closing. I lost control of my body, and soon, my consciousness.

          I put my hand on my chest as I coughed awake. Had I lost consciousness when he almost choked me to death? Probably not. Perhaps I had lost consciousness when he had thrown me against the wall, because I could still remember what he had said before leaving the room.