Chapter Fifteen - A Confession

          "I will be giving birth to triplets in a few months time. I know because I can feel them. I can hear them speaking to me. As I write this down, I am cooing to my children, caressing the large bump on my stomach. Yes. They're kicking right now. I can feel their desire to go out to the world and explore it on their own. I can feel their craving for adventure. I can even see them in my mind. I can't wait to give birth to them so I can see their beautiful faces, even for just a moment.

          Because I won't make it alive after giving birth to them. Hopefully, I can at least get a glimpse of their faces before the life gets drained out of me. All of this will happen to ensure the safety of my children's lives. I have already offered blood last full moon, and it will be done again on the next full moon. After that, the only thing left to do is to refrain from eating anything two days before I give birth to my three sons. Doing this will turn them into the powerful, mythical creatures of the earth."

          I turned to the next page and saw archaic illustrations of a snake with thin stripes. Indecipherable markings filled the page like they were notes that were very important and must not be forgotten. The snake's eyes were unlike the usual eyes of a snake. They were not fierce and menacing; they seemed to be filled with knowledge and wisdom. The next pages had more illustrations of the snake in different angles, which told me that the owner of this book had a vivid image of the snake.

          "The oldest will become Käärme, the yellow snake. He isn't going to be the strongest one, but he will be the wisest. And wisdom overpowers strength. He will guide his younger brothers and help them become good people. They will stay away from the coven and work together as siblings."

          When I turned to the next page, there were drawings of a blue wyvern that looked a lot like Aiden's wyvern form. However, I wasn't too convinced that this was Aiden. The wyvern in the illustrations had horns, one horn above each ear. Other than that, everything looked similar to him.

          "The middle child will come to be Hirviö, the blue wyvern. Hirviö can breathe ice; thus, he is very cold both literally and figuratively. This child doesn't talk to me often, but I know that he loves me deep inside. He always seeks for power, because that's the only thing which he can be known for. His older brother is wise; his younger brother is loving. He strives to be noticed, as well, but he doesn't realize that he doesn't need to put effort to be noticed because I love him the way he is. I hope he becomes aware of this when he grows up. His fear of weakness is his own weakness, and he needs a strong-minded mate to teach him to love and accept who he is."

          Illustrations of the youngest son were in the next pages. It was quite strange to see how an image of a dragon could look so kind and loving, more lenient than Aiden even if it was a dragon.

          "And the youngest one, the most tender brother among the three, will become Lohikäärme. My son will have the ability to turn into a white dragon that spews fire, but he will not use this fire against people, not on purpose. He will try to do everything without hurting anyone, without doing anything wrong. Though it is impossible, he always aspires for that. He believes that everything can be solved by peace and love. He will act morally, not out of guilt or shame, but because he believes in the value of morality. As a mother, I don't want to let my baby live so innocently that he'll be abused by others. I don't want his innocence to be shattered one day when he's had enough after everyone maltreats him. Even so, I think it's good to have a child of innocence, of innate goodness, who will spread goodness in the world. I just hope the abundance of evil in the world won't engulf my baby's goodness and leave him as an empty shell—"