Chapter Five - A Moment of Relaxation

School starts the day after tomorrow (Not the movie. XD). I don't know if I can write faster when I'm in school, 'cause, sometimes, I do. So, hopefully, I'll be able to have more inspiration when I'm forced to get out of the house everyday and admire the beauty of the outside world, instead of staying inside the house for days (or weeks), like Safia. XD I have another chapter finished, but I want to write a few chapters ahead of what I'm posting, so I'm keeping it first...unless I get into a very good mood and decide to update again. Read on! :)

~*~*~*~*

Chapter Five - A Moment of Relaxation

          I tugged my arm from his grip again. But he had an iron grip; he wouldn't let me go. That didn't stop me from trying to escape as he dragged me down the stairs. I didn't know what I would do if I got his hand off my arm, but that was the only thing I could do. I'd think of what I'd do next when I had escaped this monster's grip.

          I grunted as I tugged my arm extra-hard. "Let me go!"

          With a sigh, Aiden wound his arm around me, freezing me with his coldness, and put me on his shoulder again. And, me being me, I pummeled my fists against his cold back as soon as I regained control of myself. He carried me down the stairs and through numerous halls in the castle. My fists throbbed in pain after minutes of pounding his back. The friction between my skin and his leather coat brought pain to the sides of my hands, reddening them.

          "You better be taking me to dungeon!" I continued pounding my fists on his back as strong as I could. "I'd rather stay in that dungeon than live in that wretched room you locked me up in yesterday!"

          He shook his head, probably thinking I was pathetic to think he would take me there. Of course, I knew well enough that he was a cruel being, so why would he do something to make me happy?

          "Put me down, you monster!"

          And he did. He dropped me on the floor, towering above me. I rubbed my palm against my back which took the impact of the fall. He stared at me, so I stared back. How long was he going to stare at me like that? And, just like he could read my mind, he closed his eyes for a moment, then he pushed open the door behind me. "Get in."

          Heh. Who said I was going to--?

          "Ow!" I cried after he kicked me hard in the legs. "You never fail to get more cruel every day, don't you?"

          "Just get in," he mumbled as he kicked me again, making me cry in pain. I was inside the room in two painful kicks.

          Before he kicked me for the third time, I crawled back, not facing away from him. Facing away would lead to more pain, and I had enough of his inflicting me pain. I tried to stand. He was several inches taller than me, so he still looked down upon me, even when I was on my feet.

          His eyes moved somewhere behind me. So I turned around to see for myself, because I had no plans of asking him what he was looking at. There was no way I would do anything to owe him something. I could take care of myself.

          My jaw dropped. This was definitely not what I expected to see. Beautiful, beige curtains were draped on the left side of the room, but it was a little transparent, so I could see something made of stone through it. Though some walls had cracks, I could still feel the elegance of the room that the carvings on the walls brought. Was I brought to a different castle? This room was wonderful.

          "Bathe," he commanded, his voice echoing in the room. "You stink."

          What? "Bathe? I just bathed four days ago."