Chapter 18

"You're so pretty" Joel was involuntarily swaying as he sat on the hospital bed. His eyes were flickering shut even after having an hour nap.

"Joel let me look at your nose, stay still" Charlotte huffed, she knew he found it amusing as he was smiling like an idiot.

"Don't tell my girlfriend I think you're beautiful" he said, Charlotte had no gotten a hold of a torch and was checking for any signs of concussion

"Joel, I am your girlfriend" she said

"What?" He said with a shocked look on his face, his mouth opened wide before bursting into fits of laughter again "oh my god, wow"

Charlotte found this strange. The drugs she had prescribed to him shouldn't have had this affect.

"Come here" Joel grabbed the top of her legs and pulled her down, he started to try and kiss her.

"Joel I'm working" she said sternly, pushing away and walking over the the nightstand to check the drugs.

She lifted the white bottle which rattled as it moved.

"Dr Jones?" She shouted knowing he was only in the next cubicle. He was a very new trainee, he always came across as a little nervous and slightly shaky.He quickly opened the curtains and looked at her

"Yes Dr Carter?" He asked

She handed him the iPad "you know who this is right?" She asked, allowing him time to read through the information

"Yes it's Dr Goran" he stuttered as if scared of her

"Well I told you to get him some morphene" she said "I'd like you to look through his files and see if I was right"

The iPad shook in the mans hands, leading Charlotte to roll her eyes and wonder if he was ever going to be a good surgeon. She wouldn't like to be under his knife.

"Yeah, 10 mg of morphene" he agreed "you were right"

"Then why does my patient" she pointed to Joel who had reached up and was now playing with her long hair "and most importantly my boyfriend have propanalol in his system" she handed Dr Jones the bottle for him to see.

"Oh my god" he said adjusting his glasses "I'm so sorry I didn't know"

"Know policy states that I have to report this but as it is a minor error and you are knew I think we can keep this between us" she said with a smile tugging at her lips and she begun to uncontrollably laugh. "Please get these to Mr Jacobson ASAP, he's probably on the edge of his seat"

Dr Jones laughed nervously "yes Dr Carter"

"And thank you, I didn't know I'd laugh so much tonight" she said before he left.

And then she directed her attention to Joel. Knowing that it was the end of her shift and she needed to get him home without drawing too much attention.

"Alright princess, feel like going home?" She asked

"I'm a princess?" He asked dazed "that's right! I'm a princess"

Charlotte giggled a little and then held out her hand "alright then princess. Do not draw any attention to yourself, alright?"

"Okay" he smiled up at her, kicking his legs like A child.

It took her 15 minutes but she finally did it, a thousand dirty looks from patients in the waiting room but she finally had gotten him into the passenger side of the car.

Sure he did have a few grazes on his knees from where he's tripped over imaginary rocks, or in the funniest scenario, jumping over an imaginary river.

And yes she had grass stains on her clothes from falling over trying to catch him. But they were in the car and on their way home.

"You know you're my girlfriend?" He asked "have we ever done... the do?"

"The do?" Charlotte asked with both hands on the wheel, the lights from tall buildings flashing over her face. "Joel just shut up" she laughed

They haven't though. Joel thought she wasn't ready for that as she was still recovering. Which she thought was sweet but there were some days, when she stayed around his and walked in on him in his towel, she really wanted to.

"We haven't?" He asked shocked in a high pitched tone "why? Is it because I don't have..." He trailed off his speech and started to think. Immediately stretching out his trousers and looking down them.

"Joel!" Charlotte said, smacking his crotch area to stop him from looking down there leading to him recoiling in pain. "Oh my god I'm so sorry" she said sympathetically with a hint of laughter

"At least I know it's still there" he said out of breath. She thought she actually slapped him back into soberness.

"Right" she parked up "let's get you to bed, try and get you back to normal alright?"

"Ugh okay" he said with his knees to his chin, rolling out of the car and onto the street.