Chapter 22

*1 year later*

Charlotte stood in a room with Maggie and Gavin. She was stood in her wedding dress and Charlotte was just clipping in her long veil.

"You look really pretty" Maggie nodded, trying to get her veil straight

The three were interrupted by crying. Loud, high pitched, ear drum bursting baby crying.

"shh" Charlotte huffed, walking over to the small cot and lifted a small baby up "when you're a mom you get no sleep" she said, rocking the baby

"She's cute though" Maggie observed "I love her name, Sofia, it's pretty"

"Yeah she's pretty until you want to sleep and 4 in the morning" Charlotte scoffed "18 years of this"

As they spoke, the baby quietened down and the door creaked open.

"Is it okay if I speak to my fiancé for a few minutes?" Joel asked

"Joel you're not allowed to see me, it's bad luck" Charlotte exclaimed, trying to push him out.

Joel was dressed in a brand new suit with a white rose attached to his jacket. He stood his ground.

"Charlotte I think we've had the worst bad luck anyone could imagine. I think we can get through a little more" he winked

"Alright" she said "what did you want to talk about?"

Charlotte stood holding the baby who had now gone to sleep. Joel walked over and took her out of charlottes arms before placing a gentle kiss on her head and putting her back down.

"You look immaculate" Joel exclaimed

"You scrub up well too" Charlotte winked

"I heard Sofia crying"'he said "so I decided to come in and see if you were okay"

Charlotte rubbed under her eyes "yeah I'm good, just a little tired, being a mom sucks"

"But you're a great mom" he said "you're beautiful and just amazing, and I couldn't have thought of anyone else to start a family with and I couldn't imagine anybody else I want to see walking Down that aisle in about 10 minutes time"

"I can't imagine anyone else either" she said, standing on her tiptoes and kissing him "but you better get going"

"You've not got cold feet have you?" He asked walking out the door

"No, I'm perfectly fine; don't worry, I'm not going to ditch you" she laughed

"I hope not" Joel said, leaving and shutting the door.

Charlotte walked over to the cot and stood over Sofia. She placed her finger between the small hands and allowed her to grab onto it. "Alright Sofie" she breathed deeply "you ready to see
Mommy get married?"

-

Joel stood at the end of the aisle, his fingers intertwining with each other in nervousness, his breathing deepened.

The music began to play and everybody stood up and looked towards the door where Charlotte in her laced, long sleeved dress. Behind her, Maggie and Gavin walked down. Maggie carrying Sofia, who seemed to be very quiet.

Joel couldn't stop himself from getting a little emotional. He looked to the floor as she walked down and stood in front of him.

The ceremony began and they were asked if they had written their own vows.

"Charlotte" Joel began, he fumbled for a piece of paper in his pocket "With this ring, I give you my promise
that from this day forward
I will give you all my love,
and you shall not walk alone.
I have no greater gift to give.
As your love is my anchor,
and your trust is my strength,
May my heart be your shelter
and my arms be your home.
As this ring has no end or beginning,
so shall my love for you be.
As I place it on your finger,
I give you all that I am,
and all that I shall become." He said with voice cracking.

"That was beautiful" Charlotte whispered "you're going to show me up"

"It took me a while" he shrugged

"Alright" Charlotte breathed, it was her turn, taking the piece of paper from her bra and beginning to read "from the moment I first saw you, I knew that you were the one for me" she said, but stopped for a moment

"Are you alright?" Joel asked, Charlotte smiled and nodded, screwing the paper up and throwing it away

"From the moment I first saw you, I knew you were a narcissistic, egocentric, douchebag" she laughed "I despised you, but when you stuck up for me, and when you took care of me when I was in my coma, when you saved me from drinking that spiked drink in the club, I realised you were actually quite caring and then I fell for you, and we've had our differences, but you've given me everything I could've wanted! And our beautiful daughter"

"I know pronounce you man and wife"

Joel immediately took Charlotte into his arms and kissed her passionately. When they broke, he ran down to collect Sofia and bring her up for everyone to see.

They stood by each other, looking like a proper family.

"To our forever" Charlotte smiled sweetly at him

"To our forever"