Chapter 23

*I'm outside, i'd come in, but its too much work*

Hailey laughed reading the text message from maddy.

She was pretty scared to go back to school but maddy had been making her laugh all morning, easing her nerves.

Hailey walked out her house minutes later, getting a goodbye and goodluck from her parents.

"It kinda feels like the first day of school huh?" maddy began to walk, hailey by her side.

"yea, a little. Except i don't know what to expect today." hailey half smiled.

"don't worry child."

They got to the school and walked in.

okay. it's okay. breathe.

and just as she was about to enter her first class without maddy she saw her worst nightmare.

Monica looked directly at hailey. Smiled and winked, sending shivers down hailey's body.

breathe.

*relax*

Hailey received a text from niall, and just as he said it. she did it.

The day went by pretty smoothly, she didn't see monica again and that only made her feel much better.

Hailey stood outside the school, waiting for maddy. Zayn was supposed to pick them up and take them all back to his dorm so they could hang out for a bit since lately hailey couldn't stand to be in her house.

Hailey took in a big breathe. She took in the wonderful smell of the school garden next to her, to the fresh air , looked up to the sky and smiled. For once she wasn't sorry for her existence, she had friends, a family who loved her and that's all she needed.

"Nice to see you back in school, i missed you"

At that moment hailey's world stopped, she couldn't breathe anymore. Suddenly she was being buried alive, reaching her hands up to try and fight the dirt crashing down on her.

She turned around and wish she would've walked away instead.

"monica"

"aww fist time i hear you talking and not screaming" monica laughed.

"you know that was low, even for you"

"no, it wasn't. What is low is you, trying to pretend like you're such a victim" she scoffed.

"Everyone watch out, we got the suicidal freak over here" Monica laughed and pointed at hailey while others turned and stared. "stop acting like you're the greatest person around when you're really not and everyone knows it."

Hailey felt tears forming in her eyes but fought them.

"you know monica, i don't know if you've ever really noticed, but i've never done anything to you. You have this huge obsession with torturing my life for no reason. I'm not the one people should feel pity for it's you."

and suddenly hailey wasn't surprised when monica slapped her. Hard.

"don't worry when the detectives find out what you did to me, you'll get all the attention you want" hailey half smiled, mainly because for the first time in years she stood up to monica, and didn't shed a tear.

"Hailey you are--" monica was interrupted by a honking car, and zayn calling her name.

"HAILEY!" She turned around to see a smiling liam, and a waving zayn.

she smiled and walked over to the car.

"Hey, wheres maddy?"

"Hellooooo" maddy's head pepped out the back , hailey got in the car. Gaining a glance from monica who stood in the same place hailey left her.