Chapter 18

Everyday she spent with her mother had been surprisingly "fun" They had gone out for a picnic with harry and his mom, had gone out to dinner, baked cookies like they did before. They laughed, cried, and repeated. Although she terribly missed connecticut, she was so happy to be beside her mother once again.

*knock knock*

"Hey, come in"

"actually i was hoping we could go out today, i know you've been catching up with your mom and everything but i thought we could um just take a couple hours" Harry awkwardly shifted his body, pulling his hands in and out of his pockets.

"yea sure, let me grab my jacket" Maddy walked into her living room.

"hey mom, i'm going out with harry for a little while, i'll be back soon."

Maddy's mom winked at her before saying "you two have fun"

"shut up mom, bye" maddy laughed, grabbed her jacket and walked out with harry.

They got into the car.

"so you wanna spend a couple more days here?" Harry began driving, but shot some glares at maddy.

"It honestly might seem like i do, i mean i do, but i don't, you get it?" maddy played with her fingernails for a while."you mean like you love your mom with every ounce in your body, and you just wanna stay and bake with her all day but you've build up your life miles away from her and part of you wants to stay, but the other part of you misses what you've been calling home for the past two years, and you think what if i just move my mom and dad out to america with me. For a moment, its an amazing idea till you realize you can't make them change their whole lives just because you've grown out of this place. You have this guilt that you shouldn't be leaving them here alone, especially since gemma's out in florida living the life, and so am i , but then you think i'll visit more often , only to realize that "often" isn't enough....yea i get what you mean." Harry never took his eyes off the road but maddy could see the tear creeping up on the corner of his right eye.

"sorry, its just i know exactly how you feel, i love my parents but sometimes i feel so bad because me and gemma don't come as often as we said we would and i know it hurts them."

"Trust me i completely understand you, it's how i've been feeling these past couple of days , especially because i just got her back, and now i have to leave again, and i dont know, im excited to go home but then i'm not." Now the tear had raced over to maddy's eyes.

They both sat in silence, not an awkward silence, a comfortable silence. A silence they liked. No one forced a conversation, it happened if it happened.

Suddenly the car stopped. Maddy lifted her head up from the passenger door and realized it was an old arcade they used to go to all the time when they were kids. By now it was closed and abandoned but still it was the greatest place harry could've taken her to.

"oh my god harry!" She ran over to the front of the arcade and slightly opened the door, it smelled really badly, machines weren't there anymore, and all in all it was disgusting, but she loved it.

"Remember this place? we used to come here all the time." Harry held onto maddys hand so they could climb on top of a tow truck in order to sit on top of the building.

It was an amazing view, mainly because the old abandoned arcade was placed right in the middle of a gorgeous beach. It was cold outside, and being at a beach only made it worse, but it didn't matter to them.

"this is where i met you" maddy looked over at harry. His hair being blown by the wind, eyes a little watery, staring at the clashing waves.

"yea"

"you and michael were at the photo booth, and i photobombed, thought i was cool. You screamed at me but we all laughed. Then we decided to play a game of tag and liam joined us. Best friends since huh?" Harry placed his arm over maddy's shoulder noticing how cold she was.

"most definitely. I remember you wanted to come here everyday after that, and then when we met zayn, louis, and niall and found out we all lived less than a block away from each other , this was the first place where we had a playdate with them. Gosh we'd have so many of these playdates, well you know the ones where a girl was actually allowed" They both laughed and stared out into the sky.

"and the day before we had to leave for college, we all came here and you cried" Maddy nudged harry's arm.

"excuse me but from what i remember you started crying first."

"touche"

They stood in silence for a couple minutes.

"Listen maddy, i took you here so you'd remember our old good times but also -" harry started but maddy interrupted him

"you love arcades, this one, and the one back at home, you've never been open to any others why?"

"i met you here, i met my best friends here, and hung out with my best friends here... after our first night in connecticut, when i found you crying at the photobooth of an arcade close by, i knew arcades would forever be my favorite place, because it wasn't just a building full of machines it was more to us, at least to me , it was like a piece of home out there." harry put his head down and waited for maddy's response but she didn't have one.

She hugged him as tight as ever, and he knew they could switch homes a million times, but the bond they all shared was immensely unbreakable."continue..what you were saying before, "you took me here"

"oh yea, it's just i did take you here so you'd remember our amazing memories but i also have something i need to tell you, something i've been dying to tell you for the past two weeks." His hands began to sweat, and he did that thing he'd always do when he's nervous, change the topic.

"wow, this place is beautiful, look at these rocks, they must be ancient or something, they've been here forever" maddy laughed making him ease a little.

"harry stop changing the topic just tell me, come on"

and before he could change his mind, or make up an excuse to leave, it all came out.

A/N: don't we just love them together ! Vote & Comment