Chapter 1

Hailey sat on her front porch waiting for her best friend Madison to get there so they can go to school together. Hailey had a pretty rough junior year, with no friends to talk to, her parents forgetting she actually exist and well her brother, who was the only person who she ever trusted had been away at college in California for the past three years. She faced a lot of depression but during the summer she had met Madison at a nearby starbucks. They clicked right away once Madison saw hailey was wearing a bracelet from her favorite band, Green Day, and ever since then they were inseparable. She sat on her porch, staring at the clouds, butterflies filling her stomach and her heart beating 5 times faster, knowing she had to start another year of highschool, at a school where no one liked her. Hailey was so deep in her thoughts she didn't notice Madison was standing two feet away from her.

"Hey ready for school?"

"I dont know, im a little anxious"

"Oh come on, it'll be alright, you've got me."

They walked for about 15 minutes, but to hailey it only felt like seconds, and again her heart was beating faster than usual, as they approached, what she called the hell hole. Madison must've heard her heart beating because she said

"It'll be alright, don't worry, like i said before, you won't be alone, you've got me."

Hailey nodded and walked through the doubled doors.

***

Hailey made it past 7th period with Madison right next to her. They walked out the class and she accidentally bumped into Monica aka 'queen bee of the school'.

"Watch where you're going loser"

"I.....uh......I'm really sorry" Monica looked down to see Hailey staring at the floor.

"OH! Look who it is guys" Hailey looked up to see monicas posse, the boys and girls who have taunted her since middle school.

"Oh look at that its the cry baby smut"

*flashback*

Hailey sat in the back of the classroom with her best friend, they laughed together as they saw a boy by the name Josh

mimicking everything their science teacher said.

"So as you can see class a cell is a small structural unit of an organism, consisting of cytoplasm and a nucleus enclosed in a membrane"

And then Josh repeated with a stupendous high- pitched womans voice.

"Enclosed in a membrane"

Hailey and Monica were full of laughter till the teacher screamed.

"HAILEY!MONICA! I do not care how funny Joshs intolerable behaviour is but i will separate the two of you in a split second!" Then Monica spoke in the cocky, i know im the greatest voice, she always used.

"Oh come on Ms. Simerela would you really separate two best friends like Hailey and I?"

"Dont tempt me!"

Monica and Hailey continued to laugh until this blond-haired, blue-eyed guy walked in the room and suddenly they were both gawin at his appearance. He sat right next to hailey as the teacher directed him there. Hailey wanted to speak to him and right when she was about to, monica stopped her

"What do you think you're doing?"

Surprisingly angered by monicas tone of voice Hailey spoke with a little attitude.

"I'm gonna say hi, is that a problem?"

"But i saw him first"

"I don't care, we saw him at the same time, so im gonna say hi!" Hailey turned to the cute guy engaged in his notebook and spoke.

"Hey, my names Hailey" The boy faced hailey before speaking

"Hey im n--" He started saying before Monica interrupted, speaking surprisingly loud.

"Honestly don't waste your time talking to this tramp, she's a loser and she'll easily give it up to just about any guy, and--"

"Monica you stop it right now and report to the principals office this instant!"

but before monica could say anything back hailey broke out in tears and ran out the classroom, not fast enough to hear monica yell

"Oh don't be such a cry baby, you smut!"

Pretty corny after 5 years but from there on they never saw that boy again and thats when their hatred for each other began.

Hailey broke out of her train of thought when she heard Madison speak up.

"Monica why don't you shut the hell up already, this isn't the 3rd grade anymore, get a life, and leave her alone!"

"Aww look everyone little hailey has a friend"

"What an ass, lets go hailey"

Hailey followed behind , completely be founded to know someone just stood up for her.

"Are you okay?" Madison asked.

"Yeah im good, listen maddy i'm really sorry i put you through that, its why im better off alone, because now they'll probably start teasing you, and i'm just so sorry"

"Are you kidding?" Maddy said before stopping in her tracks and turning Hailey , so she would face her.

"Hailey could see the worry in her eyes, and she felt terrible for probably making maddy their new laughing stock.

"I will always defend you, your my best friend, I may have only known you for the past two months but you're the only girl I've ever been so close to and i will never let no one hurt you,"

"Thank.....thank you so much"

"No problem, now wipe those tears off your face and lets ditch this hell hole"

Hailey gasped, oblivious to the fact that she was crying and rushed her hands to her face to wipe them away.

They both walked out the building, and hailey was smiling all the way, because for the first time in 4 years, she didn't feel so alone anymore.