Chapter 21

Hailey woke up and although she thought it was 5pm it was actually only 7am and as selfish as it may sound, hailey was happy to find her room empty. Since the attempt no one has left her alone, for time to think and just as she thought she'd finally have some time her parents walked in.

"Hey sweetheart, can't sleep huh?" her dad smiled.
Hailey shook her head .

"me either, listen honey, you know we love you but do you think its okay if we headed on home to get some sleep just 3-4 hours, and we'll be back?" her dad was too nice, she always loved him, unfortunately he just wasn't around much.

"Are you kidding me? yes dad! guys go, im good okay, i promise im okay, i've actually been wanting to be alone for a while" Hailey smiled at them and reached for a hug.

They quickly left leaving hailey alone. with her thoughts.

I can't believe i failed.

i shouldn't even be here.

why god?

but seconds later she understood why. She didn't understand before but now she did. People cared, maybe not much but people did, more than she would expect.

Louis, liam, maddy, zayn, harry, mom, dad and although he isn't here, i know my brother cares too.

thank you jesus.

it wasn't my time I understand that now.

"knock knock" Niall walked in.

"You know, people usually knock on the door instead of saying it, and people also wait for the person to let them in instead of coming in themselves" hailey laughed letting niall know she wasn't mad or anything.

"well i definitely am not your typical human"

"tell me about it" they both laughed.

"so where did the fam go? and the annoying 5?" he asked sitting down on a chair next to hailey's bed.

"i kicked them out, to get some sleep but here i am, one hour of sleep later, wide awake." Niall laughed.

"you know you're pretty funny" niall smiled.

"thanks, i tell myself that a lot, but so are you"

"i know i am thanks"

"well aren't we two self absorbed humans" hailey laughed.

"or two self absorbed aliens. Have you ever thought that maybe we are the aliens and that earth is actually owned by what we think are aliens. but to the creatures we think are aliens we are the aliens in their eyes. And maybe the truth is that we are the aliens and what we think are aliens but are really the real humans , are just planning how they're gonna take their earth back?" This kid was insane but she couldn't get enough of him.

"you lost me at "have you ever thought?" They both laughed

"so shouldn't you be working?" hailey asked

"nah we found the papers in the end, so you took an extra examination for no reason, now i'm free to go home but i thought i'd stop by."

"well thanks when you wanna leave tell me, so i could start off with the same sentence i gave the others," hailey said

"which is?"

"Listen, why don't you head on home and get some rest? im good okay, i promise im okay,"

"did you seriously say that to all of them?"

"A combination of what i said. Its just my way of kindly kicking everyone out, so since i've kicked everyone else out i want the honors to kick to you out too, kindly, but only when you wanna leave" hailey chuckled as did niall.
"since you say when i wanna leave, does that mean you don't mind me staying?"