Chapter 9: Human Wheatley

I kind of felt bad for him now, I didn't realize his past was so bad with them. The cores didn't seem to hate him that much. Although, now that I know his past, I realize why he likes Kevin so much, because he doesn't say anything mean to him. Well, he can't say anything mean to him sounds better. I'm still debating on whether I should call my mom Caroline or stick with GLaDOS. She started talking.

"You know, Wheatley, I've been thinking about how all of the other cores and I are human now..."

"Forget it. I'm not turning human. You may think that it's fun but I have yet to be excited for hunger. Besides, look. She just bought me this shiny new rail. It costed a lot. I don't want to make her waste her money on it by turning into a human."

"It isn't that bad. You get used to it after a day or two. Tell you what-"

"No." Wheatley interrupted. I kept myself from laughing.

"Tell you what, you become a human for as long as you'd like, but 1 day is the least. If you don't like being a human, we'll change you back. Besides, you'll even get to see your old body again."

"Yeah, we love our old bodies." Said Rick.

"Actually, those aren't real bodies. They're custom made. None of you tried to test at all, so you didn't get a special job. You were built a core and you were never human until today. The idea was to store the bodies so that any core could have access to them by plugging him or her into the device, then the central core can decide which one he can be."

"You're eyes are a little moist looking, you know..."

"Oh, right. Blinking. I keep forgetting."

She blinked twice.

"Anyways, that was the idea, we tweaked it a little and changed the whole 'Central core gets to decide' thing, seeing as I'm not a supercomputer anymore. The bots must have trouble getting to certain places now. I'm sure they'll be fine as long as they don't run into anything. On the bright side, the re-assembly machine has a break."

"When did you become human, anyways?" Asked Wheatley.

She sighed.

"Remember when you guys were trying to destroy me with the cores?"

I nodded.

"While this moron was in tomato mode, I was installing my personality into a custom made body. I designed it myself. I also designed the ones that you 3 have. Yours, I can't even remember. It's been so long. But my new human body seems... different. I just seem a lot nicer and not so obsessed with cake. A little less curious as well."

How is that even possible? There was a knock at the door.

Caroline walked up to it and answered.

"Hello?"

There was a man in blue and he had a letter in his hand.

"This is for a uhmm, a glad, or something. I'm sorry, I'm not good with names.

"Glad Johnson. That's me."

"Here's the letter, ma'm."

"Thanks." She sighed.

"Probably a bill or something..."

She opened it up and pulled out a paper.

Dear, GLaDOS,

Your pets are waiting here at Aperture, you'd better come pick them up before they starve.

Sincerely,