Chapter 11: The Arguement

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Credit to my friend Cake Johnson/ethreal_hedonist/Cake yo/Citrus Overlord/Wetley for this.......... Lovely Spade Romance picture of Chelley we have here... Uhm... Thanks... @Wetley @ethreal_hedonist

I was still sitting there watching the birds with my supposed daughter. The other cores, mostly Wheatley and Rick, were staring at me suspiciously. Every now and again I would look up and try to give them the facial expression that should tell them to stop. Sometimes, they did, but afterward they just went back to staring at me.

"Space. Space! wanna-wanna go to space. Space! Bah ba, ba ba bah! Space!"

I gave a frustrated sigh and glanced at my daughter, who was looking at the idiot across from her. Why does she like him so much?! I thought to myself. What does a moron have that she would want? It was frustrating, and not just because I was hoping that she would kill him for what he'd done, but also because she liked him. It just didn't make sense. I sighed again. There are too many why's here.

Why did Cave want me to be GLaDOS? Why did that quiet mess of a Ratt by Kevin save her so many times? Why did Wheatley help her through the facility? Why am I so confused about a story that revolves around me and Cave?!

I stopped there. If Mr. Johnson wouldn't have started Aperture, I wouldn't be here. Nobody would. In fact, I would be dead. I should be thankful for Cave. He thought about me at the end. That was to be expected, but I didn't want him to think about me after I gave birth to my mute daughter.

"Hey, uh, Caroline." Rick said, smiling a bit.

I looked up.

"I was just thinking... and this thought just happened to cross my mind about how if these two are together, and if you're her mom. Then what is Wheatley to you?"

"I don't know, who is she?"

"Apparently, I'm the son in law." Said Wheatley.

"Argh! Just shut up about that! Nobody wanted you two to get together, you would be on your knees begging for mercy right now if your girlfriend wasn't sitting here."

"Why are you defending her so much?" He said again. "This is what she wants. She wants to be here with me and you. And even if I don't deserve to be with her, I've made up for what I've done at least 50 times now. And let's be honest, right now, she probably wants to be with you more than me. She just found out about everything."

"Look, you definitely don't deserve to be with her." I said.

"I'm pretty sure we know that." Rick interrupted.

"But, you tried to kill her. Multiple times. If I were in my body, you wouldn't be in yours right now." He sighed at my reminder.

"I really don't want to get mad at any of you guys. Even you. Just please stop bringing that up."

"You tried to kill her with spike plates, neurotoxin, bombs, more spike plates, and even more spike plates. That's the truth,"

"What about you?! You tried to kill her with ALL of those things before and more! You didn't even say sorry, either!"

That was true. I hadn't said sorry once in all of the time i'd been here.

"Well what about fatty fatty, no parents? What about that?"

"Look, if I like a woman, I tell her. If I don't want her to die, I lead her through the facility. If I don't want you to kill her, I make sure that doesn't happen. And yes, I admit, I took it too far. But that isn't to say that you didn't do the same. You try to kill her all the time!" He shouted.

"Don't say he didn't warn you, lady." Said Rick

"You know what? All of those things are true. But you know that in the end, I was more of her friend than anyone else in this world. That's what was important." I said, trying to sound calm.

"I'm done arguing about this. It already happened and there's nothing that can go back and change it." He said.

The amount of times I wish I could go back in time is so clear to me now, as a human. I wish I could go back to make sure that I wasn't such a monster all that time. I didn't do it for the science. That was a total lie. I did it to kill the humans and that was all. I looked back down at the birds. How did your mother even get onto my prototype anyway? I thought.

Humans are better than computers. Before I was the supercomputer, Mr. Johnson an I always said that I was married to science. I can't say that being a supercomputer helped that at all. To be fair, I didn't want to be put inside of her in the first place. I chuckled to myself, I'm already referring to the body in third person. That's a good sign, I assume.

Why did he even want to become human, anyway? I can't seem to get the little idiot out of my head. I'm not going to lie, he was right about a lot of things. In fact, he was right about almost everything. But it would be easier to believe that if he didn't act so dumb. I can see why people can feel bad for him. I mean, he was designed specifically to make dumb choices and make me do the same. You can't really expect much from an Intelligence Dampening Sphere.

Looking back at what all had happened, it's pretty predictable. Except for some of the surprises, though. The core transfer, though... And everything Chell knew already. Okay, obviously, she was smart. But how did such a moron escape all of that? I mean, it was over 50,000 years and I'd never had anyone who handles things like her.

AUTHOR'S NOTE AGAIN, SORRY: Hey, sorry this chapter was a tad short, I, first of all, suck at writing from *cough* point of view. I also have a lot of things going on now so I'm sorry if it's a bit slow.

~You Know Who I Am